DI Box with Eclipse

Home Forums Products Rackmount DI Box with Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jcalama
      Participant

Hello,

If anyone out there could make a recommendation on the following it would be greatly appreciated.

I am a guitarist who knows almost nothing about rack gear, but having recently fallen in deep deep love with an eclipse unit, I recently bought one (it's not here yet, though). My question:

In order to run a guitar into the eclipse, is it recommended to do so through a DI box? I thought I read in the manual that plugging an unbalanced guitar cable like you would in any guitar – pedals – amp setup will result in a 6db loss and not the optimal signal.

So I guess the question is should I go guitar – unbalanced 1/4 cable – di box – xlr into the back of the eclipse?

If so, any recommendations on what DI box to purchase?

Thanks in advance.

simeon
      Participant

do you not have an amp?

jcalama
      Participant

I do have an amp, a small Class A tube amp with no effects loop. My concern is in keeping the tone as pristine as possible. Because I will have to run the Eclipse essentially as a stompbox, in front of the amp, I want to insure that I don't lose any signal at all.

scottburk

Check out the Suhr MiniMix.  Run your Eclipse parallel with your guitar, in front of the amp.  You could have the Eclipse set to 100% wet and control the amount of effect with an expression pedal.

http://www.suhrguitars.com/tonetools.aspx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.