Does anyone have DS4000 OS roms 2.1 or higher ?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Does anyone have DS4000 OS roms 2.1 or higher ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bluegate

I scored a DSP4000 secondhand, I love theze units but I'm missing some modules in my OS (2.000)

Would love to buy some roms with a higher OS for my DSP4000.

Thanks,

Dave

bluegate

Or if someone can copy their OS rom…

I want the timer module, so I can create taptempo patches

DSP4000

My DSP-4000 has OS Rom V 2.104 with module Roms 1 and 2 both being V 2.000 and there is no tap tempo or MIDI clock patches from what I can see. There's a few BPM patches where you put in the tempo as a BPM number.

I think OS 2.158 is the minimum OS needed for MIDI sync/Tap patches.

I would desperately like to get hold of OS 2.300 which seems to have only been sold to people who also bought new preset cards as a way of copy protecting those presets. As the 4000 has been obsolete for a good while now, there doesn't appear to be any good reason not to release the OS for the people that want to keep using these older machines. I mean, I don't want to just junk it, and there's no way I can afford a 7600.

bluegate

Yes, too bad Eventide didn't held on to the firmware files.

I sold my DSP4000 and bought an Orville.

Very happy now Big Smile

DSP4000

Really? You know that for sure?

If that's right, this is extremely disappointing. I was hoping I'd be able to help organise a production run of OS ROMs with the company's blessing, maybe some sort of licensing deal.

If none of my other avenues pan out, I guess I'll be letting mine go as well. I did read reviews and forum posts before buying it, but I guess the reviewers must have had the latest version, because they all said it did sync. As the manual isn't available anywhere I couldn't check that, although it wouldn't have helped as there's no MIDI implementation chart in it anyway (now that I've seen it). MIDI clock sync was an essential capability for me, and I'm pretty surprised that the last versions of the H3000 could do it, but the new replacement model 4000 could not.

I'd love to get an Orville or something, but I pushed the boat out in buying the DSP, so it will have to be something cheaper like a PCM80 for me.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.