DSP 4000 Digital I/O failure

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP 4000 Digital I/O failure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      stadist

Hi guys,

When I open turn it on it says “Digital I/O Failure, please contact service”. Anyone knows what this is about?

Many thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It means that it has failed one of the startup self-tests on the digital I/O subsystem – most likely that one of the chips failed a readback test.

If your unit is a "CE" type, with a removeable audio board, it might be worth giving the audio board connectors a splash of switch cleaner, and wiggling any socketed parts in the audio area. (At your own risk, of course).

Otherwise, it will have to go for service.

stadist
        nickrose wrote:

It means that it has failed one of the startup self-tests on the digital I/O subsystem – most likely that one of the chips failed a readback test.

If your unit is a “CE” type, with a removeable audio board, it might be worth giving the audio board connectors a splash of switch cleaner, and wiggling any socketed parts in the audio area. (At your own risk, of course).

Otherwise, it will have to go for service.

Thanks for the reply Nick, I will try to open it up and give it a clean here and there without tampering with it too much and see if it works. I use the analog in/out and it works but I hope i wont have other problems with it in the future. 

Best,

Cristi

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.