DSP 4000 latency?

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP 4000 latency?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings. First post… first time user and relative newcomer to recording here.  

I got a 2nd hand DSP4000 off ebay about 2 weeks ago and really enjoy using it. So far I've been using is for processing tracks I already have. I'm wondering if the unit is suitable for tracking. I tried this with a vocal preset but fond the latency too large (my DAW buffer settings were ok – without the DSP4000 the latency was not noticable). 

Signal chain was: mic–>pre–>analong in to DSP 4000 –> analog out of DSP4000 and into my DAW's A/D converter. 

I'd be OK with just using it as I have been on already recorded trakcs but would like to try tracking with it if that's doable. Is the latency too high for tracking or am I just doing it wrong? Appreciate any tips or advice on this. Thanks. 

Charlie  

IDeangelis

Hi Charlie

I don't have an exact spec about latency for the 4000. You may try adjusting buffers between 4 and 12 milliseconds to get to the sweet spot. These units have been used for tracking so it should be possible to get there.

best

Great – thanks for the info. Knowing that it's doable now I'll explore buffer settings within the unit and get it to work. Appreciate the fast reply! 

Charlie  

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.