DSP 4000 Memory / Internal Ram Issue 0x6D6F6422

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP 4000 Memory / Internal Ram Issue 0x6D6F6422

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The message tells you two things:

1) You have a memory card with a bad battery. Please remove this card until the other issue is resolved. Once the DSP4000 is working properly, you can change the card battery and try again.

2) There is a problem with the internal ram. This is probably caused by its battery having run down, but you can get going by holding down the "8" key at power up and answering "yes" when asked "do you want to…"

If you get the same error message again after power cycling, you will have to replace the nvram chip – contact support@eventide.com for more info.

Sandemans

Hello,

I thank any help I can get concerning an issue we are having with our DSP 4000.

From what I was told a new chip had to be installed a few years back.

After having done so, It has become nolonger possible to go further than the following error messages :

– Program Counter : 0x6D6F6422

– Status Register : 0010000000000000

– Problem in Memory Card bad battery

– Problem internal Ram not formatted.

— Followed by a request to reboot the Unit.

Any help is welcome.

Good end of year to all.

Sandemans

Thank you for the info,

I have removed the memory card ( that error message has left ).

Now upon rebooting the unit with the 8 key held down I am left with the same Program Counter and Status Register numbers.

‘ I sense that the internal Ram is new, do you wish to format ‘ which results to an error message saying it cannot reformat the Internal Ram.

Is changing the chip the next step ?

Thank you very much.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think that changing the nvram chip would be the next step. You can try and find one yourself, or support@eventide.com

Sandemans

Located the Chip and found that it had already been replaced and installed poorly.

Now however all the factory presets are deleted. Is that something we will find on the memory card or do we need to install new Roms ?

Thank you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The factory presets are in the higher numbered roms. Try wiggling these in their sockets to clean the contacts – it's unlikely that they are all bad.

Sandemans

Hi,

I have tried wiggling them, however the empty program message is still present.

Rom, 3,4 and 6 are labelled as Preset Eproms.

Can the factory presets be found in the memory card ? ( waiting for a new battery )

Thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your memory card is probably corrupted, so there is unlikely to be anything on it to help you.

Check the User Manual to see if there are any settings that might hide the Factory Presets – seems unlikely that they are all not there.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.