DSP 4000 No Display

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP 4000 No Display

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Yorgo1960
      Participant

I have a DSP 4000 that I just took out of storage.  The last time I used it was about 2 years ago and it worked perfectly.  Because I was moving I put it away in an air conditioned room with some other old equipment.  When I took it out and plugged it in, the display screen won’t work. It looks like the left side lights slightly but  the right side is dark and there are no letters, numbers error codes or anything else displayed.  Any ideas on what I should do to attempt to fix it?  Are there spare parts available anywhere? or service manuals?

Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These units are now very old, so there is a limit to the support we can provide.

That said, your problem may have one of several possible causes:

1) The display brightness may be set low. If this is the case, you should be able to control it – with the right light on the display, you can still see what it is trying to say.

2) The display itself may be faulty. If this is the case, we can't help (they don't make them any more and we are long out of stock). Look at previous threads for a few eBay suggestions.

3) The circuit on the motherboard that generates the high voltage (1000V) for the backlight may be broken. This is repairable.

Yorgo1960
      Participant

Nick, is is possible to get a schematic for the DSP4000 so that I can try to fix it?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Yorgo1960 wrote:

Nick, is is possible to get a schematic for the DSP4000 so that I can try to fix it?

Send an email to support@eventide.com marked for my attention and I should be able tp send you the relevant page(s). I may have to scan them, so it won't be immedyiate.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.