DSP 7000 Flashing +help+ in the middle of the display?

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP 7000 Flashing +help+ in the middle of the display?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      guitarplyr
      Participant

Hi,

1st off I did read the manual so forgive me if its in there and I missed it.

I just picked up a 7000 and every time I load a factory preset right in the center of the display the word “help” flashes. I can still do editing but I cant figure out why its doing this or how to stop it. My concern is did I get a unit that is malfunctioning?  I have yet to write any patches so I am just editing the factory presets.

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is a very old unit, so we have little information on it.

My best guess is that this means that there is a DSP overload. This is particularly likely during preset loading.

You may find that it occurs with specific presets.

If you are using digital input, it may also suggest an unstable digital signal. If so, make sure the sync source is appropriate and that you are supplying a good signal (good cables, leads not too long, etc).

guitarplyr
      Participant

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I am using analog inputs and it seems to just happen randomly. There are times it doesnt do it at all and then times where it wont stop. I might just call support and see if maybe you guys can take a look at it. I’m in NJ so I could probably even drop it off.

Again, thanks very much for the suggestions at least.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the *help* only occurs during preset loading, and is not associated with other problems, I strongly suggest that you ignore it.

This is a very old product, and there are not many support options.

guitarplyr
      Participant

Thats when it does occur but it will sometimes stay flashing as I am trying to edit as well. Its an annoyance to say the least .. but my edits will save and everything else seems to work so I guess I will leave well enough alone. LOL  Thanks very much!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.