DSP resources

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP resources

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi

is there any way to see how much of the DSP resources a patch consumes other than looking at the actual patch size (of the text)? Would Eventide consider something like a DSP meter in VSig that would show how much each module consumes? Even an approximation would be welcomed – I think it would make patch optimization easier.

Regards

Yannis

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The main problem is that there are about 20 possible DSP resources – exhausting any one of them makes the preset unloadable. As a result, a simple meter is not possible, while the whole picture would be incomprehensible to most users. In addition, resource usage can change with each software version. So, it's difficult.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Nick,

thanks for explaining this. Now that you have mentioned "software version" can you please tell me if there is an updated version for the VSig help file? The one I have is ver 2.0 whereas the Editor is ver. 2.4. A lot of stuff in the Editor is not documented at all. Italo suggested that you might know something more about this.

Regards,

Yannis,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We updated the help file to support Vista, but alas did not change the version number. Oops !

What are you finding missing ?

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Nick,

for instance in the MIDI module, there are some parameters that can take a value of 3, but this value is not documented in the VSIG help file. There might be more stuff to check here and there.

I have also found that there are quite a lot of patches that are loaded perfectly in the H-8000, but not in the VSIG editor. I have noticed that most of them have to do with octal configurations, I keep getting the same message. I am not in my studio right now, but I will post again what these patches are and the error message that I get.

Regards

Yannis

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

It's not possible to open the following presets from within the VSig Editor (2.4):

#310 "8 Delays"

#314 "8 Pitchshifters"

#327 "Octal Moddelays"

#514 "DuellingDualDlys"

#523 "Parallel Dlys 8ch"

#528 "Ribbon Delay"

#611 "Band Delays 8ch"

#616 "ChordRezonator8ch"

#620 "Combdelays 8ch"

#627 "LongPanningDelays8"

#630 "PanningDelays_8"

#636 "Ringdelays 8ch"

#816 "Chorusdelays 8ch" (There exist two 816 presets with different names)

#827 "Envelope Flanger 8 II"

#839 "Pure Comb Flange8"

#854 "ChorusEchos 8ch"

#1010 "6 V Dlys & Verb

#1011 "Band Dlys 4_Ambience"

The error message that I get is: Assertion Failed at line 1234 of file.

The following presets are loaded but an error message shows before loading:

#329 "Simple Sampler"

The error message is: Unknown Operator in line: 13 ""0.0000"

Also there exist two different Stereo Chorus patches with the same name

Preset #1053 doesn't load at all. Error message:

ERROR – Suggest Power Down – host timeout –

Any ideas?

Regards,

Yannis

IDeangelis

Hi Yannis

make sure the sigdbase file in Vsig mirrors the OS of your machine. The modules database you have in Vsig may be different from what the unit has in it. Try Get Dbase in Vsig.

I

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Hi Italo,

thanks for the reply. How do I download the sigdbase from the H8000FW to the computer? I think the one I use right now, I got it from here.

Regards,

Yannis

IDeangelis

HI Yannis

everytime an OS is released and istalled, Vsig should also have its module database updated, to mirror the machine new software.

Vsigfile has a Get Dbase command, under the MIDI menu. You'll obviously need the unit connected to the PC w/a serial cable/COM port.

all the best

I

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.