dsp4000 input level is too low….

Home Forums Products Rackmount dsp4000 input level is too low….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jongwonl

I have question about dsp4000 …….I hooked up dsp to mackie 1202 vlz pro mixer…aux send(balanced 1/4" trs plug) to dsp xlr input(2 xlr plug )…
      when i use 1 trs – 2 xlr cable I only get about 1 or 2  input level light on eventide…
      When I used unbalanced cable(1 1/4" trs – 2 xlr)….I can get enough input level on dsp4000….
      Is this normal on dsp4000….or my dsp4000 doesn't accept balanced signal…..?
      Please help me out…….
      Thanks..

IDeangelis

Hello

the DSP4000 does accept balanced signals. The questions here might be:

-is the cabling/soldering correct?

-are you using +4dB line level or -10/20dB instrument level signal?

all the best

I

jongwonl

I already cheked my cables and soldering….no error found….

I believe that I use +4dB mic level signal…( sax mic xlr output goes to mackie mixer….

and the sax signal goes from aux send(1/4" balanced) to DSP4000 input(splited into 2 xlr )…

I still don't find the reason….. 

IDeangelis

A mic signal is very low, unless it's preamped. By definition it's not a +4dB signal. Since you are connecting your mic to the Mackie, it should be preamplified by the channel preamp, if connected to an XLR mic input.

I'm not sure the split cable is a good solution though!

Another aspect to consider is that when using XLRs the Eventide is expecting to "hear" +4dB line level signals; since the input headroom is quite large, you may want to boost the SEND to the 4000 or the input gain on the 4000 to "help" pushing the input signal.

all the best

I

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.