PROGRAM COUNTER: 0X0000A18A
         STATUS REGISTER: 0010000000000000
         PLEASE WRITE THESE DOWN AND REBOOT

Please somebody explain me what happen.

Many thanks

Gus

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It means that you have a data error in your Internal Memory. You should try a complete return to factory defaults (hold down 8 key at startup). This will erase ALL stored presets, but should fix the problem.

In a system as old as yours, this probably means that the internal battery has died – they usually last 5-10 years. If this is the case, the above may fix it but it will re-occur. The battery is a internal plugin part that can be purchased from the Eventide Web Store. They are not cheap.

http://www.eventidestore.com/40seupandop.html

kolyma
      Participant

Many thanks Nick

Gus

Hello, I’m sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I have the exact same problem with my DSP4000. I’ve ordered the replacement powered RAM chip (texas instruments BQ4013YMA120) and replaced it, but the error persists. Are there any other possible reasons? Any insights will be much appreciated!

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        CheekySparrow wrote:

Hello, I'm sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I have the exact same problem with my DSP4000. I've ordered the replacement powered RAM chip (texas instruments BQ4013YMA120) and replaced it, but the error persists. Are there any other possible reasons? Any insights will be much appreciated!

Did you do the reset to factory defaults ? If not, do so.

If you did, look at "Fixing internal memory problems" in the UM. If you follow this, and still get the message, it is possible that your new ram is no good.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.