DSP4000 restore factory programs?

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP4000 restore factory programs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gltxyz

I picked up a 2nd hand DSP4000 and it was giving a checksum error at startup.  Found a tip either here or on another forum about holding 8 at startup to clear it, which it did, but now all the programs seem to be gone.  Can anyone suggest a procedure to restore them? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The factory programs can't be deleted, so you may have some kind of hardware fault.

If you are handy, you might consider lifting the lid (power off !) and "wiggling" the EPROMS in their sockets, in case of bad connections.

However, it is more likely just that you are unfamiliar with the controls.

I would suggest you keep on trying, but if all else fails, return to sender.

gltxyz

Thanks for the reply.  Would a dead battery cause this?  I have the manual and I’m not unfamiliar with outboard processors in general so it seems like it shouldn’t be this difficult to access the programs.  The programs were all there when I first turned it on, I reset w/ #8 at power on and now at the main page when I turn it on all I have is:

banks 0 Utilities

programs > 0 Empty Program

1 Mute

2 Oscillator 440

3 Thru ( In = Out)

4 Universal Matrix

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The checksum error suggests a bad battery, especially on a product this old. Not easy to change (it's a chip, not just a battery).

The Bank 0 display you describe looks OK. What happens if you try and select other Banks ?

gltxyz

I see all the banks: Pitch Shift, Delays, Reverbs, mastering etc, and all the programs within each, but no numbered presets like were there the first time I powered it up.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure what you mean by numbered presets as distinct from programs.

You may be referring to saved User Programs – these will have been deleted when you did the 8 thing.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.