DSP7000 – Bricked. Message “Unsuitable presets code installed Contact Factory”

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP7000 – Bricked. Message “Unsuitable presets code installed Contact Factory”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bill Keown

Hi,

After a battery replacement on a DSP7000 I am getting the following message at startup. “Unsuitable presets code installed Contact Factory”.

I have tried everything I’ve read online for example holding 8 on the second startup screen, or program on the same screen to unload the existing program.

My next step was to run the Eventide update utility, which I have run successfully in the past when upgrading the unit to V3 spec. When doing this the unit gets as far as “Writing 66%” then displays “!! Not Complete !!” and the connected laptop (running windows XP with a real RS232 port) displays “bad_write (Send Data Operation Error 4007).

Does anyone have any experience of this type of problem, and can anyone advise how to solve this?

Thanks in Advance!

Bill

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid it sounds like you have a bad flash memory chip. I would suggest:

1) Install a different new quality battery (probably unrelated, but you say this came first).

2) If that fails, retry the update a few times.

3) If that fails, you'll have to send it in. support@eventide.com

Bill Keown

Hey Nick,

Thanks for your timely response. This is dissapointing, I will cross my fingers and hope that it can be fixed with relative ease.

Is there any merit to leaving the unit to sit without it’s battery fitted and powered down for a few days as I have seen suggested elsewhere before I try anything else?

Thanks

Bill

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Bill Keown wrote:

Is there any merit to leaving the unit to sit without it's battery fitted and powered down for a few days as I have seen suggested elsewhere before I try anything else?

You can, but Idon't hold your breath  – this would be more relevant if you were getting check sum failures or mysterious initial lockups, but these are not your issues. I only mentioned the battery because your problems seemed to be triggered by messing with it, but it may well be coincidence.

Bill Keown

Cheers Nick,

I did try this but have had no luck. I’ll drop an email to the support email address….. hopefully you can advise someone in the UK to look at it!

Cheers

Bill

Bill Keown

STOP PRESS – I seem to have resuced it……. On the last attempt at re-loading the firmware. It’s not touring much at the moment so I’ll try and power it up every month or so to see how it’s responding.

Will post again here if there is any odd behaviour.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.