DSP7000 No Inputs Meter Pegged

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP7000 No Inputs Meter Pegged

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      buck khrysis

Hello

I recently found a fault with my DSP7000.
      Neither analog or digital inputs work.
      When set to analog inputs the level meter is maxed even with nothing connected. On digital inputs the meter doesn’t light when signals present.

Any ideas what went wrong?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like an internal power supply problem.

But, you could try a completeb re-initialization (see UM) before worrying.

buck khrysis

The manual didn’t have an init procedure but there was a setup process. The same thing?
      I tried the setup process but it didn’t change anything. Still the same exact problems as before.

buck khrysis

I opened the unit and immediately noticed that L501 is busted.

Anyone know its value or P/N?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – sounds like a fault in the analog power supply. 

Either you should send it for service or have a local tech take a look.

Just seen your picture – it is L1501, which is, wait for it, part of the analog power supply. Its value is 470uH

Unfortunately I don't have the manufacturers part number, but anything that will handle 100-200mA should be OK.

Be aware that it might go again, since you don't know what broke it. Let's hope it was a faulty part.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – my magic powers are not what they were.

There may well be more damage, or you could be lucky.

buck khrysis

It ain’t purdy but it works. Found the same value inductor on EBay with 260 ma rating. Tack soldered it to what remains of the original. Powered the unit up and problems are gone. Gonna glop it over with hot glue if I find it doesn’t generate any serious heat after running a few hours.

Thanks very much for your help!

buck khrysis
      nickrose wrote:

Sorry – sounds like a fault in the analog power supply. 

Either you should send it for service or have a local tech take a look.

Just seen your picture – it is L1501, which is, wait for it, part of the analog power supply. Its value is 470uH

Unfortunately I don't have the manufacturers part number, but anything that will handle 100-200mA should be OK.

Be aware that it might go again, since you don't know what broke it. Let's hope it was a faulty part.

The box this unit was shipped in has big gouge in it. Probably a case of rough shipping.
      I can replace the inductor but what about components downstream of this regulator? Would anything release magic smoke due to this failure?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      buck khrysis wrote:
      It ain't purdy but it works. Found the same value inductor on EBay with 260 ma rating. Tack soldered it to what remains of the original. Powered the unit up and problems are gone. Gonna glop it over with hot glue if I find it doesn't generate any serious heat after running a few hours. Thanks very much for your help!

Good work ! Hope your glop is purdy.

buck khrysis
      nickrose wrote:
      buck khrysis wrote:
      It ain't purdy but it works. Found the same value inductor on EBay with 260 ma rating. Tack soldered it to what remains of the original. Powered the unit up and problems are gone. Gonna glop it over with hot glue if I find it doesn't generate any serious heat after running a few hours. Thanks very much for your help!

Good work ! Hope your glop is purdy.

Glop all over the avionics keeps Navy fighters in the air. All glop is purdy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.