DSP7000 Update Question

Home Forums Products Rackmount DSP7000 Update Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      glennfin

Hi;

I just bought a DSP7000 and it's on the way to me Big Smile

If I need to update the OS to the latest 3.0, can this be done the same way the Eclipse is updated? using a memory card?.

I'm really looking forward to adding the DSP7000 to my studio guitar rack (right above the Eclipse that's already there! Cool )

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

glennfin:

If I need to update the OS to the latest 3.0, can this be done the same way the Eclipse is updated? using a memory card?.

Not really, because the DSP7000 doesn't support Compact Flash. As a result, the serial approach is the only one you can use.

glennfin

Hi Nick;

What about using a PCMCIA to compact flash adapter? That works in another piece of gear in my studio.. (Roland V-Synth XT)

Thanks

glennfin

What about just a pcmcia memory card? My laptop has a PCMCIA slot, if I can transfer the OS files to a card would that work?

IDeangelis

Hi Glenn

as Nick says, the 7000 does not use any type of card (PCMCIA or CF) for OS updates.

The only method is using a serial cable with our Oupdate application for Windows PC.

all the best

I

glennfin

I see, ok, thanks.

PC's with serial ports are getting hard to find these days!. Do you know if the Oupdate application will work with a USB to serial adapter?

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!

IDeangelis

Actually many current PCs motherboards have a serial connector on them. It just needs a COM port on a PCI panel to be connected there.

Anyway, yes, Serial to USB adapters work fine with Eventides.

all the best

I

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.