E – control

Home Forums Products Rackmount E – control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 73 reply threads
  • Author
      zoomex
      Participant

Hi
      I just bought pro tools HD 3 and i wonder when the E – control will be release?

Release the E ? ControL !!!

Rolando

Now seriously.
      1 of the main reasons for purchasing the h8000fw was the ability to integrate it with my daw and i was not happy to know that e-control wasn't yet available.
      There's not enough info about it either.
      What's happening Eventide?
      You should be informing your customers about the product that was supposed to be released 2 years ago don't you think?
      I'm too anxious for the plugin!
      Please say something;)

rmaxwell

Rolando,

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience the delay of the release of E-Control may have caused.  Due to an urgent reallocation of our development resources, the release of E-Control has been delayed.  Rest assured, this project has not been cancelled. The release of E-Control is slated for Q4 of this year. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.  It will be worth the (albeit long) wait.

Sincerely,

Ray

zoomex
      Participant

thanks for reply!!!

Hi – will the e-control work with the previous harmonizers such as Orville too? or is it only eclipse and the h8000 series harmonizers?

best regards
      Birger

boeklanoei

Is it now been developed (since there was some extra developing time I asume) also available for all platforms; VST,RTAS,AU and so on? And not only for the Protools users, but for all?

boeklanoei

Rmaxwell; And what does Q4 in your reply mean for release date? I hope it also will be for VST use avaiable, when it's going to be released this year. Can you give an indication which month the release is planned?
      Thanx

rmaxwell

It is currently scheduled to be released in October.  We have explored VST, but due to technological limitations in their development environment, I don't expect that it will be supported with this release (if at all).  We do hope to support AU and RTAS.

rmaxwell

It is my understanding that the H8000 module should work with Orville.

boeklanoei

Oke, so it's very likely that there isn't comming a vst version of E-control at all?
      I think that if thats true a lot of people will sell their H8000FW and go futher with something like Waves and Soundtoys. Oke I'm not that technical (at all) myself, but can't image why you could make an AU en RTAS plugin, but no VST version. Every sort of audio related studio gear these days are comming with a VST plugin/version. Hopefully the developing team is developing good possibilitys for vst too!

Sonic Nomad
      Participant

I don't think it is true that a lot of people will sell their H8000FW because there's no support for E-Control on the VST/AU platforms.

To sell an Eventide hardware unit and try replace it with plugins at this stage is absurd. There simply are no plug-ins available that come even close. 

Personally I've been making a move toward Logic on a Quadcore and so in leaving Pro Tools behind with it's RTAS format I to will loose out on the E-Control. But I will not let this steal from me – as I am really blessed to be one of the fortuinate people who own such a brilliant unit.  There are so many who wish thehy owned one of these. 

There was a time I was bitching on these forums for the release of the updates OS with drivers for OS X 10.5 – That was because I needed to use the H8000 as my sound card.
      The point is I can continue using the H8000 with E-Control on a daily basis.

Don't let lack of contentment steal from your creative process & purpose .

Peace,

David

siqure
      Participant

Hello Every One!

I have a H8000FW and use Logic Pro 8.

Can I use E-Control with Logic?

Or it only for Pro Tools?

Thanks!

Gennadiy

rmaxwell

We hope to support both AU and RTAS.

Rusty
      Participant

Plus 1 for VST support please.

ilGaber

Hello Ray,

I am wondering if the company is planning the release of a beta version of the e-control. In such a case I would be interested in being a tester. Let me know.

Gaber

sigmatibet
      Participant

hello!

I'm with the ones who wish a vst version to be released. An AU at least!

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Another vote for VST. Please?

t_tangent
      Participant

Yes, a VST version would be superb.

docmabuse
      Participant

+1

cheers

tonyshred
      Participant

I vote for a release

outblast

Is there any news on this one?

waveterm
      Participant

E-Control at the end of the week, right?Stick out tongue

zoomex
      Participant

third quarter of 2009?

Rolando

So,what's happening?

Waiting for  E-control …

News??

ilGaber

Quoting Ray: "The release of E-Control is slated for Q4 of this year."

I guess Q4 is fourth quarter, u agree? Geeked So hope to see it within this year! Hmm

t_tangent
      Participant

Yes, let's hope so. I have my fingers crossed, and toes etc 🙂

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

VST please…

I am so excited you are adding AU support!!

Thankyou!!

-C

Rolando

Hi there!

Any news on the E-control?

A release date?

Peace

Rolando

Ahahah,what a joke!!!

2 days to go for 2010,not a single line bout e-control from eventide.

I'm sadSad

zoomex
      Participant

Happy New Year!!!

Just let you to know I still Love h8000fw and still waiting to the

E-control maybe this year it will release (I hope).

I just bought (Sound toys TDM bundle) to work in the Box with pro Tools.

It’s easier to edit the effect thru the computer.

I think I’m starting to lose my authenticity to eventide Sorry about that.

Wish you all the Best and I hope you will fix it this New Year!!!

Love eventide J

Any news in the e-control? 

Moucho needed 🙂

– Birger

linzmaster
      Participant

So if we all get together and rally.. no no really

Maybe Im getting Old, well, nah Im gettin Old, so 

i really hope this we bit of software is out before 

i go out..

Really.. please.. and as i get older i cant recall 

a setting from a month ago or last week..

Please

Linz

DiacK

linzmaster:

So if we all get together and rally.. no no really

Maybe Im getting Old, well, nah Im gettin Old, so 

i really hope this we bit of software is out before 

i go out..

Really.. please.. and as i get older i cant recall 

a setting from a month ago or last week..

Please

Linz

like it, Linz

outblast

Really would love to see this become reality…

Is there any news on this subject? AU/VST E-Control would make me really happy!
      Is this still a scheduled project for Eventide or should we forget it was ever mentioned?

Simply love my 8000 but e-control would improve the(my) workflow for sure!

teddy

I have a news : a CIA member said me that e-control will be released in 10 years.

But it's a secret !

Rolando

Hey!

Do eventide knows about this?

I bet they don't.

They're a nice company that supports their customers and keep them informed about developments.

CIA is a joke,don't trust that guy.

Peace

zoomex
      Participant

Any News ???Gift

teddy

Don't be afraid.

it will be released with next version of DUKE NUKEM…Smile

teddy

Hi,

I saw that lexicon release a plugin for his last reverb hardware. Sad

Can we have a date for the release of H8000fw plugin ? If there will not be any release, can Eventide inform us, please, please, please.

outblast

I dont need/want a H8000fw plug-in, I need a au/vst plug-in to control the hardware H8000fw 😉

t_tangent
      Participant

Yup I completely agree with Outpost. The last rough date we were given was October 2009. So 7 months later, we know these things do take time and that resources have to be prioritised, but hopefully a few posts on tis topic will help to keep them aware that we are still looking forward to this and encourage them to get E-Control finished. 🙂

If we could have any more info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much. 

t_t

t_tangent
      Participant

OOps…I meant Outblast, sorry about that 🙂

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

VST please…

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Guys… is this abandoned?

outblast

keep some faith

t_tangent
      Participant

It would be good to hear some news on this from Eventide though. Just something like…"yes we are working on it"….or…."its not gonna happen"…but preferably…"we are just finishing it off and it will be released imminently"… 🙂

outblast

Yes, I agree.
      I dont own a remote and since I am using a more and more ITB configuration set up this au/vst control would improve my H8000 integration and work-flow for sure!

I know the H8000 is superior but I recently started grabbing simple fx from Soundtoys plugs for the quicker access and control.

Still keeping faith…

teddy

Hi,

me too, i use now soundtoys. And it's very very easy to manipulate.Beer I think that i will sell my h8000 if there will not have any plugins.

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Much as I like SoundToys, I won't ever sell my H-8000FW – it's just irreplaceable. What strikes me as really weird, is that although Nick and Italo answer all other questions in the forum, they refrain from saying even a single thing about this particular thread. In fact, it's plain annoying 🙁

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Apologies for the annoyance caused. Reason is that I'm disinclined to speak without something to say – I have no information at this point. I'm hoping that this will change before long.

t_tangent
      Participant

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback. Even though you say you dont have any info at present it is great to see that you are at least hopeful this will change before too long. 🙂

Thanks again, and cheers for now,

t_t

outblast

I also will not sell the H8000FW at this point, thats a different debate… Cool

teddy

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed : “We have the e-control. Yes we have the e-control plugin for logic 9.”

I still have a dreamIt is a dream deeply rooted in the Eventide dream.

SmileBig Smile

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

I really hope that Eventide doesn't let us down for one more time. I am expecting to see at least a small improvement regarding the H8000-FW soon.

t_tangent
      Participant

Yes it would be great to hear more news on this. Please could Eventide let us know, are we going to get E-Control sometime soon or not.

There has a been an E-Control for Protools for a long time already, but there are many other users that would like a VST version available.

Please can you check on this and keep us up to date. Thanks.

Oh, and Merry Christmas 🙂

Cheers

t_t

Well, it's not exactly E-Control, but I'll be releasing my remote control/preset manager/librarian software early next year.  First version will be stand alone, but if things work out, I might be able to make an AU and/or VST version…

Happy holidays everybody!

t_tangent
      Participant

Hi Doug, that is great news and I very much look forward to trying it out. Thanks again, and yes have a great Xmas and New Year.

All the best

Tim

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

I am starting to lose faith in this company. Shame, shame, shame.

tfosko

I write little to this forum, but the way the E-Control issue has been handled by Eventide just seems out of step with every good management practice I'm aware of and I've been a business executive for many years as well as an attorney. I, like most of the forum members, believe Eventide would be much better served to simply tell their customers the entire truth.

If your work has been re-prioritized and E-Control has been shelved for an undetermined period, please say so. It is unreasonable to let your customers continue to believe its release is imminent.

If you can't comment on "future plans," please ask your bosses to do so.

pixpix
      Participant

Hi Doug …

can't wait for it to come out … will it work through midi as well ? or serial ? 

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

We're embarrassed. We've messed up royally with E-Control's development.

I won't go into detail on all that has gone wrong because excuses don't count. Given the wreckage  strewn along E-Control's development path, I can't give an estimate on a release date. I apologize and realize that we've exceeded the patience of even the most understanding user.

We have not given up however. Development was put on hold when we lost the senior developer and it took us some time to find someone competent to pick up development mid-stream.

E-Control is currently being worked on.

tfosko

Your veracity is much appreciated. Thanks, from the heart.

zoomex
      Participant

Well it’s a new year 2011 let’s give it a chance I hope ….I
      guess I don’t know

I believe it will come out soon I trust eventide !?.Zip it!

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

I came across this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54_GPdsZ3s

I am slightly excited… are you going to prepare a VST version, too? please say Yes.

Rolando

As i said before,the main reason i bought H8000fw was because i've read e-control was going to be able to control it in 2009.

From what i see in the website you guys gave up E-control,right?

t_tangent
      Participant

I absolutely agree. We have been asking for a vst plugin e-control for years and eventide have told us they were were hoping to do just that, but I cant understand why it is taking so damned long. Getting impatient now, so please HURRY UP evenentide 🙂

teddy

Ok ! You know Duke Nukem !!! Then you know tha one day e-control will arrive

one day, sure

jfcharles

Sure. Actually, e-control already arrived: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-Control

But Eventide's e-control for the harmonizers, I wouldn't be so sure.

iximix

I'm willing to take on this project if I can get specs direct from Eventide. I have experience in MIDI programming and VST/AU Development. If someone would be contact me directly we could talk about the particulars. Best wishes

t_tangent
      Participant

Hi Doug,

Are you still working on that remote control, librarian type stand alone app still. There was a post from you saying you were hoping to release it last year, or have you had to put that on hold or cancel it for some reason. Just curious really, although it would be great if you were going to release it soon 🙂

Cheers

Tim

Well, life turned pretty hectic a few months ago.  I think I spent 14 of the last 18 weeks of 2011 on business trips.  I actually took the Eclipse on one of the trips, but we were working 12 hour days seven days a week, so I didn't have any time to work with it.  Looks like the funding on this project is coming to an end though, so travel should be reduced soon.

Man, now that I think of it, I haven't powered up the H8000 for six months.  How sad…

t_tangent
      Participant

Hi Doug,

Sounds like you've been rather busy to say the least. But good to know you'll soon have more time to spend with the H8000. Six months without using the H8000, that is a long time. I take it then you are hoping to carry on with the remote/librarian program at some point? If you ever need any beta testing when you start that project back up then do let ,me know.

Anyway cheers for now and all the best

Tim

Viewing 73 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.