Eclipse Algorithms

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Algorithms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tobias

Hello.

I am conseidering buying an eclipse and I am reading the manuals to understand what this unit can and can't do.

In the preset manual almost every patch between 100 and 198 is routed as xfade.

Does that mean that all the single algorithms in those presets are so small that they can be used in xfade configuration? I think I read somewhere else that only some algorithms were small enough to be used in xfade configuration.

Does that also mean that alla those single algorithms in those presets are so small that they can be combined with all other algorithms of equal size in a FXA FXB configuration?

Most modfactor and timefactor presets are also routed as xfade. Does that mean they are small enough so that I can pick a modfactor algorithm in FXA and a timefactor algorithm in FXB at the same time?

Best regards

/Tobias

IDeangelis

Hi Tobias

usually crossfadeable presets use a smaller amount of resources and thus are enabled to crossfade with likewise algorithms. These are by no means smaller in size or power. And, yes, can be used in xfade routing. A preset made of two xfade able algos can't be crossfaded as the sum of the two exceeds some resources allowance to stay in xfade land.

You can combine almost all algos in couples, but the very large ones and many of the TF/MF ones. These puppies can be very large.

I don't see the xfade symbol on the display for the TF/MF presets. Where did you get that info from? Can't be combined in couples.

best

I

Tobias

Hello Sir.

About the TF/MF presets, see the eclipse preset manual page 43-48. Nearly every TF/MF preset are routed as xfade…

But are you saying that the algorithms in those presets still cant be combined in couples?

Preset 951 has algo MF_Rotary routed as xfade. Preset 907 has algo TF_Tape_echo routed as xfade.

Can I make an own preset with MF_Rotary in FXA and TF_Tape_echo in FXB routed as series?

It seems to me I can since the MF_Rotarty algo and TF_Tape_echo algos are small enough to be routed as xfade in presets 951 and 907…

What I really want to know is which algos can be combined in couples and which algos can be routed as xfade… Do you have any list of which algorithms that are too large for this? I would really like to know that before buying the product.

Sincerely

/Tobias

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Each preset on Eclipse may use either one or two algorithms.

Those that only use ONE algorithm are called crossfade-able. This is because Eclipse can support up to two algorithms – if only one is used by a preset, another single-algorithm preset can be loaded into the other and they can then be crossfaded.

There is another issue – each algorithm uses a different amount of resources. Since a crossfade requires that two presets be loaded, they must not together use more than the total available resources.

This is why two presets may be described as crossfade-able, but cannot be crossfaded. I'm sorry if this is confusing, but it is sort of inevitable.

Since Eclipse has over 100 algorithms, this would lead to over 10000 possible combinations, which would be a large and unreadable chart.

Most of the TF and MF algorithms are large, which means that not many of them can be crossfaded with each other. Sorry. If this is what you need, you should either get individual pedals, or consider an H8000, which (in the next release) will run any two of these algorithms together (at 48kHz sampling).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.