Eclipse and H7600 (H4000) diffrence?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse and H7600 (H4000) diffrence?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Patill
      Participant

Hey guys,

I´m playing guitar and I am planning to buy me an Eventide Harmonizer :). Since I already mailed a little with Eventide because I had problems to access the forum, can you tell me what´s the diffrence between an Eclipse and a H7600?

Doesn´t seem that much like Eventide told me, but the H7600 does cost a lot more. I just read the manual of the eclipse and I can say I like what I read. I´m gonna read the H7600 manual soon, when I have the time…

Is the only diffrence really just that you can create new algorithms with the H7600? Is this really such a cool gift that you spend $2000 more or is it very difficult to do this and you say just get the eclipse?

Oh, and just another question that can be quick hndled I think. What´s with the DSP4000? I know Steve Vai plays one, they´re very cheap on ebay…would they be better than the eclipse? Or is the eclipse the "newer" product that can beat a DSP 4000?

Well, those are just a few questions I have, more to come after the answers I think :).

Patill
      Participant

wow, noone so far :(?

Doesn´t anybody know anything about it?

IDeangelis

Hi Patill

the H7600 is simply the most powerful stereo FX unit on the planet.

It can provide you many, many more features compared to Eclipse:

-a lot more DSP power for bigger and more tweakable effects. Consider that its MIDI Virtual Racks alone are a guitarist dream and make the unit worth!

-the platform openess! You can create new algorithms or effects or even modify the factory ones to your liking

-over 4 minutes of delay time….in case you are into loops!

-3 minutes + sampling

-a lot of presets, including things from our previous units (3000/4000/7000/Orville) and new stuff unique to the H7600.

-basicallythe whole picture is obsolescence_proof, given the power, open structure and features of the unit.

The choice really boils down to your interest in the presets, the will to create your own things learning Vsigfile (not difficult). But even not considering this, just the choice and variety of factory presets should give you an idea of the H7600 power. Please check the unit's Presets Manual last pages for a detailed description of the MIDI Virtual Racks, particularly crafted for the guitarist!

all the best

I

Patill
      Participant

hey, thank´s for the answer :).

I read both manuals so far and also the Visgfile manual and I must say that the H7600 is a lot more interesting to me.

What about a H8000FW? Are they just a H7600 with more inputs and outputs or is there another special that cuts absolutely through?

There are samples of the H8000FW on your page that blow me away, could you do thes with a H7600 as well? The last one is freaky :).

IDeangelis

Well…. the H8000FW is the king. This unit packs 2 FX processors, pretty much like having 2 H7600s in a box, PLUS a lot more!

more means:

-the 2 DSPs can run separately, loading 2 presets OR in monolithic mode as a single monster processor, loading a huge preset

-the unit has 8 I/Os…so quad and 5.1 surround fx areprovided and possible

-routing options for I/O are endless

-FireWire connectivity add powerful computer interface for serious audio work

….and finally, considering the price….it's a better deal than an H7600, isn't it?

cheers

I

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.