eclipse balanced XLR- noise

Home Forums Products Rackmount eclipse balanced XLR- noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      depressor
      Participant

Hi,

Maybe you have already answered this issue in other posts. I have connected my Eclipse to my switcher-router LR A16 with XLR balalced cables IN and OUT. The switcher accepts Lo-Z inputs and balanced outputs. The Eclipse comes after a guitar preamp in the chain loops, then the signal is a line level signal. I have setted the Eclipse with full mono I/O, channel 1. My problem is that the signal from the Eclipse is very low with a lot of noise. If I change the balanced cable of the  IN channel of the Eclipse with an unbalanced cable TS to the LRA16 output, the volume raises up, but there is always  a lot of noise. Is there something wrong with routing between effects block too? Do I always have to choose dual mono routing if I set my Eclipse with Mono 1.

Can you help me?

Thnak you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi D – for obvious reasons we are limited in the advice we can give to people who are using other manufacturers equipment with which we are unfamilar.

That said, your issue appears to be one of low level and much noise. This is usually caused by incorrect unbalancing. If you connect a balanced (usually XLR) signal to an unbalanced (usually mono jack) signal, you must be sure that all the balanced signals are connected to something.

For example, when connecting an XLR to a mono jack, pins 1 and 3 of the XLR should be connected to the sleeve of the jack, with pin 2 of the XLR connected to the tip.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.