Eclipse Converters vs. Apogee Converters

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Converters vs. Apogee Converters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      zap
      Participant

Hello, I am wondering… i was just going to buy an apogee simply for conversion,…. but then i realized i could potentially save some money if somebody can confirm if the eclipse converters compare at all to either entry level apogee converters?  What about High level apogee converters? 

In that case i could use the eclipse as a converter and not just an FX unit!  If the eclipse converters are good enough.  Any thoughts on the matter from the staff?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eclipse converters are pretty good but we would not compare them to Apogee's products – a single function product usually performs its single function better than does a multi-function product.. But, some say that the Eclipse has better effects…

It's all a cost/benefits issue – depends on what you need and what you want to pay. Maybe some of our users will chime in with their thoughts.

zap
      Participant

what about the converters on the H8000 series?  i heard they are the same as apogee ones.  Can you please confrim the accuracy of such statements wthin the gearslutz community?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

H8000 converters are slightly better than Eclipse – but I shouldn't compare them with those from other manufacturers – lawyers will be after me if I say the wrong thing ….

Worth looking at online communities you trust and see what they say – I'm likely to be less objective.

zap
      Participant

lawyers?  what can a lawyer do if you are speaking the truth? 

oh right i forgot… nevermind… welcome to america.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.