Eclipse error message on startup: “BADALG2 HEAD CG:1.8 ALG: 0.0 PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE”

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse error message on startup: “BADALG2 HEAD CG:1.8 ALG: 0.0 PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ccl117
      Participant
      I'm was using my Eventide Eclipse at home recently (original owner, v4, mint condition), and it recently has started getting error messages that impede its ability to operate.

Specifically, the screen will freeze when attempting to recall a program, I will get error messages when attempting to save programs, and finally when I restart the Eclipse to try and correct, I get the error message "BADALG2 HEAD CG:1.8 ALG: 0.0". Restarting the the Eclipse does not correct the problem.

Obviously I'm a bit concerned, this Eclipse is less than a year old and only used in my studio; it is in immaculate condition.  What can we do to correct this?  Thanks guys
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

First, double check that your unit really is V4 ( see "Finding Out The Current Software Version" UM p.57).  This sounds like an issue that was present in an r=earlier version.

If it is V4, I would suggest  that you try the procedures described under "Fixing Strange Behavior, Freezes, Etc." on UM page 53.

If it proves to be a hardware problem and your unit is less that a year old it should be covered under warranty.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I've only ever had this once. Once I replaced the lithium battery and reloaded the V4 firmware, I never got it again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.