Eclipse: External MIDI controllers are at 99.21% when CC value =64

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse: External MIDI controllers are at 99.21% when CC value =64

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      semientendre

Hi,

I am trying to use external MIDI CCs to control parameters on my Eclipse. But the Eclipse only reacts to values 0 to 64, not 0 to 127. 64 results in a mod value of 99,21%. Sending a value over 64 doesn’t change anything – also, the mod value never goes to a full 100% (so no luck in setting eg the range of a pitch shifter to  an octave). And of course, this also means that the (already coarse) CC range of 0-127 is even more coarse. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed to set this scaling? 

Thanks a lot for any pointers.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

More information would be good – what controllers, how are your driving them, what are you controlling, etc.

It sounds like you are trying to use a "trigger" (essentially a switch) as a controller.

semientendre
        nickrose wrote:

More information would be good – what controllers, how are your driving them, what are you controlling, etc.

It sounds like you are trying to use a “trigger” (essentially a switch) as a controller.

Hi Nick, thanks for your answer. I am sending a series of CC events from 0 to 127, I tried both from a Midi controller and from a synth and from my step sequencer. So I can confirm that this is happening in the Eclipse and not to do with what I am sending. I tried to map ext1 to ext16 to Midi CCs.

If you don’t have any suggestions I’ll try to reinstall the OS and see if it fixes it.

semientendre
        nickrose wrote:

It sounds like you are trying to use a “trigger” (essentially a switch) as a controller.

Hi Nick, thanks for your answer. I am sending a series of CC events from 0 to 127, I tried both from a Midi controller and from a synth and from my step sequencer. So I can confirm that this is happening in the Eclipse and not to do with what I am sending. I tried to map ext1 to ext16 to Midi CCs.

If you don’t have any suggestions I’ll try to reinstall the OS and see if it fixes it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – still not much information. It ould be helpful if you would give a single example with actual numbers for all relevant settings.

Not sure that re-installing the software will help, but re-initializing the unit (8 key) would be worth trying.

semientendre
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry – still not much information. It ould be helpful if you would give a single example with actual numbers for all relevant settings.

Not sure that re-installing the software will help, but re-initializing the unit (8 key) would be worth trying.

Re-initializing solved it! Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.