Eclipse foot pedal question

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse foot pedal question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jac
      Participant

HI, I'm using a custom made six button pedal into pedal 1 & pedal 2 with TRS cables. the button config is tip, tip/ring, ring. My problem is everytime I stomp on the tip/ring button it also activates one of the other button. Any ideas?????????

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't understand – by definition, if you hit a tip+ring button, it will activate both the tip and the ring circuits. If the Eclipse is set to recognize tip+ring, it will ignore a tip or a ring by itself.

I assume you are using diodes or a 2 pole switch for the t+r. You should check out the switch functions with a continuity tester before connecting it to the Eclipse.

jac
      Participant

Is the continuity test just to determine if your getting a singal from the pedal? If so, I think it is because its also activating the tip button function along with tip/ring button function when stomp! the other pedal buttons work fine!

Thanks, NR  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's just to see if your pedal is working properly. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "activating the tip button function" or "stomp!". Please try and express the problem in as simple and complete terms as possible.

jac
      Participant

Tip turns off the fx block B, Ring is set as a tap tempo, T/R is set to modulate the delay in someway. when I would stomp on the T/R button, it would alter my delay but would also activate my tip button turn off the fx block B. the top three buttons are set up. tip scrolls up the patch, ring scrolls down the patch. I cant remeber what i set T/R button up as. but, it would act the same way as described above? all the other buttons are working fine. its just the the two T/R buttons causing my woes! Thanks, Nick

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think you have to go back to whoever made your pedalboard. My guess is that either the t+r is not working and is only activating tip, or, (less likely) the t+r sets the tip well before the ring.

Given that you say the other buttons work fine, the cables are probably good.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.