Eclipse harmonizer 2 channel effect processor?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse harmonizer 2 channel effect processor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      boeklanoei

could you describe a Eclispe also an Harmonizer 2 channel effect processor?

Does the Eclipse also have studio applications in general? So effect that you can use for

1. mixing,recording,FX processing (in general) and maybe even mastering (stereo widers,enchangers,compression,emeulators,his,corrections and so on?

2. Does the eclipse have also vocal applications/presets like pitch shifting,correction,harmonizing parts and so on?

3. Does it also have some oustanding reverbs like H8000? Black whole?

jfcharles

Not an expert in all domains, but many of your questions get a "yes" as answer with the Eclipse. I -think- that you can download the manual. Check the "algorithms" section and you will get many answers and more!

IDeangelis

Eclipse is a stereo FX processor, capable of running 2 algorithms in a preset.

The 2 algorithms appear as FX Blocks A and B and a number of routings are possible between these 2 Blocks:

-stereo SERIES A > B

-stereo PARALLEL A//B

-mono in/stereo out PARALLEL where input 1 feeds blockA and input 2 blockB

-dual mono PARALLEL where each input/output ise dedicated to a single block

So Eclipse can be defined as a stereo and a dual channel mono/stereo processor.

Eclipse can be *definitely* used for any application, live musician, Front of the House, studio recording and mixing..and partially in mastering.

There are pitch shifting presets for vocal (up to 8 pitch shifters with 2 seconds delay each and Tap Tempo).

Reverbs are very good and some new ones from the H8000 have been added in OS V4. Some presets from the bigger units are available, but they may be a reduced version, compared to the original.

Obviously the H-series has better reverbs as the bigger DSP power allows for reverbs with more internal delay lines and more early reflections/diffusors networks to be added/tweaked/etc.

best

I

pauliusmm

does it mean you can only use 2 effects simultaneously?

thanks

IDeangelis

Algorithms can provide from 1 (highly specialized/quality) fx to 3 or 4 fx. Depending on which you choose, you can have a good number of good sounding effects. Check the algorithms/presets manuals for details about this.

cheers

I

pauliusmm

Thanks IDeangelis,

i looked at the manual but it is comfusing while i don't have the eclipse yet, so probabbly i just have to wait till i get one and then test it myself.

by the way, what footswitch you recommend for eclipse? can i assign any function to it? (im not talking about midi , but rather the 3 button footswitch)

thanks again

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.