ECLIPSE in a guitar rig (amps wo FX loops)

Home Forums Products Rackmount ECLIPSE in a guitar rig (amps wo FX loops)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      archaos

>Hi my name is Pierre-Fran?ois and I am a new ECLIPSE owner.

>  Here's my first question – what is the best & most versitle way
      >  to set up my eclipse in my guitar rack (loops #7 & #8 are available into GCX2) ?

>  Here is the gear:

>  Guitar in to :

>    – first, (a feedthru loop) GCX1 > BOSS TU-2 > WHAMMYII > POG > GCB95 > GCX1

>    – then, the loop above goes in to a GRX4 : dynacomp > BOSS CS-2 > OD-2 > SD-1

>    – the chain above goes into a GCX2 with 6 stompboxes into 6 loops : BIG MUFF > BOSS GE-7 > t.c. DUAL PARAMETRIC EQ > Guyatone ps 102 > t.c. INTEGRATED PREAMP > BOSS FA-1

>    – then, the chain above goes (through a Y unbalanced cable) into the GCX1 again. Here, there are 4 "stereo parallel" loops : KORG A3 > LINE6 ECHO PRO > KORG A2 > t.c. M2000

>    – & at last, into VOX AC30 (wo FX loop), & Randall CENTURY 3000 (FX loop unusable)

>  My second question – I'm stuck concerning the way on how to connect the analog audio inputs & outputs [(XLR or 1/4-inch inputs connectors) ? – both of them ? XLR/jack line cables] of the ECLIPSE ? .

>              Thanks in advance!

>                                  P.-F.

IDeangelis

Hi P.F.

congratulations on your Eventide and welcome to the forums!

The optimal place for a digital fx processor is always between preamp and power amp. In your case there's not much you can do other than use another couple of loops (for stereo) to connect the Eclipse to your gtr amps front inputs. Obviously using distortion from the amp is not recommended.

Eclipse uses 1/4" jacks for unbalanced -10dB instrument levels I/O and XLRs for balanced/unbalanced +4dB line levels I/O. You should use the 1/4" jacks in your system.

You may want to check our technotes out, on the Eventide website, regarding gtr rigs tips and I/O wirings.

Enjoy!

I

archaos

Oh thanx a lot I,

Your answers are very helpful Yes .

Regards,

P.-F. Cool 

John01W

Ok, here is what you do, go to suhr guitars and order a line out box(really great priced)….

http://www.suhrguitars.com/tonetools.aspx#lineOut

It's a lil' box that you put between your amp and speaker cab that will give you a line level signal of the sound after the amp and it's 100% safe and sounds killer. Take that line out from and run it into the Eclipse….Run the output of the Eclipse into a solid state power amp and run a wet/dry or wet/dry/wet setup. All those items cheap, and there's no way to better keep your sound intact.

archaos

Thanx for the tip, Man. That seems a good idea.

Nontheless,  I just own 2 amps, & the setup you've suggested needs at least 2 additional amps, so as to use both channels of the ECLIPSE.

That's why, I was thinking the best solution (for my rig) was to simply let the ECLIPSE connected in serie in my FX chain.

P.-F.   

jac
      Participant

You can add an fx loop to the Vox…..

archaos

Really ? How ? 

jac
      Participant

You would half to find an amp tech.. Try Ziv at noize labs… http://www.zivnagari.com/

archaos

Will I get a reduced output by 6dB, if I wire the outputs of the ECLIPSE with a balanced XLRs to unbalanced 1/4" cable ?

Thanx,

P.-F. 

IDeangelis

No, you shouldn't get that level attenuation. The manual states :

1/4-inch Analog Audio Outputs
      These analog outputs accept balanced 1/4-inch connectors. The sleeve
      is ground, the ring is negative phase (cold), and the tip is positive
      phase (hot). Using an unbalanced 1/4-inch connector will reduce the
      output by 6dB. 

But if you use the XLRs to unbalanced 1/4" all should be fine.

I

archaos

O.K., that's noted,

Thank you,

P.-F.  

soundpurist

….and if you add an effect series loop in your vox, use the suhr minimix (line mixer) and set your effects at 100% wet (same like wet/dry system) like this you'll keep the tone of the distortion. Just add an isptechnologies pedal if your using a Boost/Overdrive pedal and your in business!

Can go to the knowledgebase* but obviously a part is missing at the end (about using a line mixer).

*: http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Knowledgebase.aspx

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.