Eclipse in efx loop via s/pdif?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse in efx loop via s/pdif?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dahjem

Being relatively new to DAW recording, is it an option to connect my interface to the eclipse via digital connections rather than standard analog i/o?  I tried it with an edirol ua-25 and got intermittent signal at best.  Just wanted to make sure this actually IS possible as I am in the process of upgrading my interface with possibly more digital options.  Thank you!! 

IDeangelis

Hi

in theory it's possible. In practice the unit would be clocked externally, from the audio interface and a clock loop may be a problem, being caused by the ext.clock coming back in. I believe different audio interfaces can have ways to handle this but have no direct experience to advice. Hopefully others can join this discussion and provide their experience/suggestions.

all the best

I

dahjem

So the digital i/o is primarily used for one external device into the eclipse and another device out (such as a recorder)?  I think my primary question is should I attempt to keep the audio in digital domain rather than converting it a couple times before recording it as a "send & return" in my software.   Thanks again. 

IDeangelis

>So the digital i/o is primarily used for one external device into the eclipse and another device out >(such as a recorder)?

Not necessarily. As I said it really depends on the hardware (and software) to which the unit is connected. It's quite usual to use these machines in full digital domain. In case you have problems, you could convert only one time, by using digital input and analog output. Consider that Eclipse converters are quite good, surely at the same level as a 700/1000$ audio interface.

Try clocking the Eclipse from W.C. instead than thru digital audio. That should easily keep the whole signal in digital domain.

best

I

dahjem

Excellent.  Thank you again and happy 4th…to all.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.