Eclipse in Parallel FX Loop

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse in Parallel FX Loop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am considering lashing out and spending big dollars on an Eclipse, but I have a couple of questions.

I have a parallel loop only on my Mesa Dual Rectifier and want to ensure that it will run perfectly through a parallel, rather than series, FX loop; and

If I buy a used one from the USA, will it run perfectly on Australian 240 volt power? I have looked at the power ratings and it seems to support both 110 and 240 volts, but I'm unsure if different versions are made for export???

Cheers

John G

wilkinsi
      Participant

The power supply will work between 100 and 240 volts. Its built in the USA. I live in the UK, and there is no need to change the PSU or fuse.

Awesome – thanks for that. What do you think of your Eclipse and how do you run it – through an FX L00P?

wilkinsi
      Participant

Its connected Left only in the loop of my Boss GT-10. I switch that loop between series, direct out and parallel, depending on what sounds I make. Parallel (Direct Mix) is actually my most used method, though Direct Out is useful when I only want to hear what's coming from the Eclipse (such as a guitar sound made solely on the Eclipse). I don't use series very often. My GT-10 goes straight into my multitrack w/headphones. I have an amp, but have only used its series loop with my GT-10, not the Eclipse. I use the optical in and analog XLR outs when using the Eclipse with my multitrack (synth tracks in particular). I will eventually start using the Eclipse on vocals. I tested it on a film, and you can do some trippy stuff with it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.