Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse instrument definition in Sonar 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      synthtrumpet
      Participant

Hello,
      Regarding the Eclipse cakewalk instrument definition file download – has
      anyone gotten it to work in Sonar 7?  BTW: I have loaded v3.5b4 in the Eclipse.

I import the definition into a fresh Sonar midi channel, the patch numbers and names show up correctly  but no luck changing to the correct program on the box.
      For example, selecting Bank 100 patch 117 via Sonar, the Eclipse responds with 'Program Number 17 Not Found'.
      Likewise, when I select Bank 200 patch 217, also get #17 Not Found.

I futzed around with hacking some edits in the .ini file and managed to get the Eclipse to change programs but they were offset by 100…..Bank 200 patch 216 selected and I get program 116 on the Eclipse. Bank 300 patch 316 selected and program 216 on Eclipse.

I am new to Sonar (using demo version) so am not familiar at all with the proper editing/creation of the definition files.

thanks for any info.
      jr 

IDeangelis

Hi JR

the file was an user upload from years ago, very likely supporting an old OS version.

all the best

synthtrumpet
      Participant

I got the Eclipse instrument definition to work in Sonar 7 and
      can now call up all the presets from within Sonar.

When setting up the Eclipse as an instrument in Sonar, you
      have several options for choosing a 'Bank Select Method' .
      Choose 'Controller 0'.

jr 

IDeangelis

With ANY MIDI controller, hardware or software:

MIDI bank select messages allow random access to all presets in your Eclipse, unlike MIDI maps which limit the selection to 128 choices.  Eclipse receives bank select messages on MIDI continuous controller #0.
      For example, to load preset #451, send a MIDI bank select message (continuous controller #0) with a value of 4, followed by a MIDI program change message with a value of 51.  To load preset 13, send a MIDI bank select message (continuous controller #0) with a value of 4, followed by a MIDI program change mes-
      sage with a value of 13.

best

synthtrumpet
      Participant

o.k.
      Thanks for the extra info….

Your explanation clears up a few
      things for me.

hmmmm…I can see a project
      if I find the time….instrument definition
      for the H8000!!  

jr

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.