Eclipse Into Carvin Legacy Effects Loop and Reverb Settings

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Into Carvin Legacy Effects Loop and Reverb Settings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mx250r

New Eclipse owner here, love it.  A couple of questions.

First, I can get the Eclipse working fine with my guitar going direct in and into the effects return on my Legacy, but of course it is hard to control the volume.  When I try to go in from my effects send, I get so much noise that I have to turn the master volume on the Eclipse way down to cut noise and I lose all the gain and it messes with the sound.  The Legacy definitely doesn't like balanced cables.  Any ideas?

Second, any hints on settings so I can get the reverb tank to get the bubbling sound for surf music?

Here is an example, starts at 48 seconds into the video, once you are done laughing at the instructor : )

Thanks for your help.

Rich

mx250r

Sorry for the bad grammar, unlike me.  Meant to say any hints to get the Eclipse reverb settings to sound like a bubbling reverb tank.  Also, here is the example link I forgot to post.

Thanks

IDeangelis

Hi Rich

assuming your amp FX loop runs on line level +4dB signal, as it should be, Eclipse needs to be connected via XLRs I/Os, using balanced cables. The amp ends should be wired as unbalanced. The user manual and our technotes in the Knowledge base show how to do this. Don't use 1/4" jacks on line level signals.

Surf verb is typically a spring type, which is not available in the Eclipse verbs algorithms.

all the best

I

AngelFire

Italo,

What about #266 SpongeSpring?

af

IDeangelis

yeah, that's an attempt to it.

The problem with spring verb (to mention one) is its mechanical nature that reacts to the input signal energy, even changing somehow the tonal chracter of the verb. It's really complex as simple it is.

Wink

I

AngelFire

Understood – thanks.

I just wanted to make sure that's what it was trying to model. It certainly seems to have that characteristic, even if it doesn't capture every nuance.

af

mx250r

Guys,

Thanks very much for the suggestions,  I like the SpongeSpring preset.  I did get the right cables and that solved my noise problems.  The reason I didn't think the cables would fix it was because of the other problem I was creating for myself, using preamp settings and the noise gate doing it's job.  So, I have figured out how to create patches by pulling blocks out of the preamp presets that I wanted.  I appreciate your patience as I am a beginner and am learning the dangers of stacking preamps.  I would like to use distortion at times from the Eclipse, is there a way to do that while in the effects loop of an amp, or are they only for use when plugged into the front?

Thanks again,

Rich

IDeangelis

Rich

simply use the pream clean setting and load a distortion preset on Eclipse.

best

I

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.