Eclipse Knob

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Knob

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      gregsinibaldi
      Participant

Hello,

The knob on my Eclipse suddenly wont move through presets in increments of 1. Occasionaly it will but most the time it jumps around by 2 or 3. Is there something I can do to fix this? Incenedntally when I change a parameter theres no issue. 

This also occurs when I use the keypad arrows to incrememnt through presets. For example If i start on patch 10 and move the arrows down I can get patches 7, 3, and 2. The same happens when I use the knob. I’m able to manually enter a patch number and have it come up so i know they are there.

My guess is that it has something to do with the fact that I was trying to create a backup of my presets on a CF card. I never got it to work. I also now get a message when I try and update a patch, “cant update – memory protected. Press and hey to continue” I’m pretty sure this is all related.

What did I do?

Thanks

Greg

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure what you did, but it sounds as though you should re-initialize the unit (see UM).

gregsinibaldi
      Participant

That sounds an awful lot like I’ll LOSE ALL MY PRESETS! Which is what I was trying to avoid in the beginning. Should I make another attempt to back my presets up to a card before I do the following per the manuaual: 

If this does not resolve the problem, power down and then power back up while holding down the SETUP key. After a few seconds, the Eclipse will ask if you want to “return to factory defaults.” Select <YES> – this will fix almost all problems, but will require you to re-enter any SETUP values that you have changed. It will NOT erase any programs that you have saved.

Greg

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Note the last line of the paragraph you quote "It will NOT erase any programs that you have saved."

Nevertheless, you might feel happier if you try another backup first.

gregsinibaldi
      Participant

Thanks for the help. FYI for anyone with the same issue, this worked! Everything is back to normal now

Greg

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.