1) INTERNAL MEMORY CHECKSUM ERROR

press any key

and then the eclipse works normally.

Please somebody explain me what happen.

Many thanks

Gus

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Look under "Fixing and Initializing Internal Memory" on p.53 of the UM.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi Gus,

Have you followed the steps on page 53 of the manual that suggests how to fix this?

(sorry I would cut and paste it in, but I am on my phone)

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Doh! Beaten again by the good man nick Stick out tongue

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

but only by a minute …

I have the same  thing hapening sometimes.It fixes itself and everything runs smoothly.What is this?

Also my midi thru seems to not be allowing midi notes to go to a sound module.

Also midi cc activity invokes the eclipse to program change unexpectedly.

I have changed the battery.Reloaded the operateing system.

I am noticeing that the baud rate is still initializing at19200 and the depth 8 and stop bit 1 are not changeable?.Is this correct?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Robert Tiffin:

I have the same  thing hapening sometimes.It fixes itself and everything runs smoothly.What is this?

Your new battery may be no good. Or, if it runs OK for a while after a battery change, and then goes bad again, you may have a hardware problem that is running down the battery – if so, contact support@eventide.com

I suspect that your other problems are symptoms of the main memory issue.

kolyma
      Participant

many thanks

Gus

wilkinsi
      Participant

The unit recently crashed (muted and locked out all commands) and all I did was reboot. Now I've got the checksum error on bootup and still don't have a memory card.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nickrose:

Follow the instructions in the User Manual under "Fixing and Initializing Internal Memory." If that fails, follow the instructions under "Fixing Strange Behavior, Freezes, Etc.." If that fails, contact support@eventide.com.

If your unit is over about 5 years old, it may need a new battery – contact support@eventide.com.

wilkinsi
      Participant

I don't suppose you know which precise battery it is and whether I can replace it myself? 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

here you go….

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/5675.aspx

BR2330

not changed one myself but looks simple enough.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Thanks. Looking into getting a card now.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No Problem

wilkinsi
      Participant

The Eclipse manual mentions nothing about replacing the battery, but the DS7500 says the battery i replaced by a qualified technician whilst the thing is still turned on. So, how do I replace the battery without frying myself or the Eclipse? Angel

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You probably need to keep the power on while replacing the battery if you want to preserve User Programs or Settings. If you don't need this, you can do it with the power off and disconnected.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Ah, cool. I was concerned it might render the Eclipse useless.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Replaced the lithium battery, flashed the internal RAM, then ran the 4.01 update. The closest I get to an explosion is the noise via the i/o when going thru XLR to get to selecting the external DIGIN. Incidentally, the VS2400 is seen as alternating between 44100hz and 44092hz, so I'm leaving that SRC on!  

wilkinsi
      Participant

Checksum error came back yesterday. Reloaded V4, crashed. reloaded V4 again. Algorithm error?! Replaced lithium battery again, reloaded V4. Yep, hardware fault. I hope the repair bill doesn't cost much. I'm told it could be capacitors and chips. Few things strike me as odd –

1. Majority of crashing occurs when editing usergroups/saving programs to be flagged by usergroups;

2. Eclipse has crashed a lot more since the lithium battery was replaced a second time. 

3. When the screen autodims, it looks like its "strobing" for a few mins.

4. Turning the knobs on the Space when assigning them to MIDI CC and modulating parameters/hot keys sometimes introduces wierd nasty feedback from the Eclipse's audio outputs.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If the checksum error came back so soon after changing the battery, this suggests either:

a) a bad battery – try another one.

b) possible software oddity or cosmic ray causing non-battery related checksum error. Clear it and try again.

b) hardware problem on Eclipse causing excess battery current. This is the least desirable option

If there is a bad checksum condition, it is usually harmless, but can cause crashes, etc. Needs to be resolved before looking at what may be symptoms of the same problem.

wilkinsi
      Participant

There are two measures I've taken to possibly avoid another crash.

1) Only save to usergroup 1 or above, avoid using UG 0.

2) Only save programs to CF card, not 0-99.

The unit has settled in that I am not currently getting noise from the outputs when I turn knobs on the MIDI connected Space pedal, nor am I getting any more checksum errors or crashes. I've no idea as to why the display strobes when dimmed. I usually disable the dimmer, although this time have left it enabled. I try to keep my gear for as long as possible up to the point where I can't use functions I need. The Eclipse is one of those things I like using a lot. It can be very addictive.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Well, it lasted 20 days without the checksum error til today. That's a world record for me. 

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.