ECLIPSE MIDI CC# GENERAL 1-8 QUESTION

Home Forums Products Rackmount ECLIPSE MIDI CC# GENERAL 1-8 QUESTION

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      fmanfredi76
      Participant

Hi,

I don't know why, but my Eclipse don't recognize MIDI CC# 20-23 as General 5-8 external controllers. Numbers 16-19 work fine as General 1-4, but when I try to assign 20-23 controllers nothing happens, or – in CAPTURE mode – Eclipse takes them as MIDI Double controllers. Any suggestion for this?

Thanks!!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

According to the MIDI spec, controllers 20-31 are undefined. Controllers 0-31 can be used as MIDI double, where the MSB is sent on (one of) 0-31 and the LSB is sent on  (one of) 32-63.

For this reason, Eclipse (correctly) views the ones you suggest as MIDI double. But, you can usually ignore this and use them as general purpose controllers.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Thank you nickrose for the quick reply!

I'm not a MIDI wizard, so maybe I'm missing something: I'm not able to send a recognizable General 5-8 controller to my Eclipse. My set-up: I have the CC16-19 (general 1-4) assigned to 4 parameters and correctly recognized, but every time I try to assign a CC20-23 controller to a fifth parameter my Eclipse don't react. So, maybe the correct question is: how can I force the Eclipse to ignore these CC as MIDI Double, and view them as General 5-8 controllers?

Thanks again!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure why you are having trouble with 20-23. I would suggest you use another controller – there are plenty. General 5-8 controllers are actually 80-83.

fmanfredi76
      Participant

Thank you nickrose, now it works! I took the manual literally: "general 1 – 8 MIDI control messages 16 through 23", so I thought no other CC number were allowed…

Thank again!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.