Eclipse: Normal behavior?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse: Normal behavior?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      oskies

Hi, I just got a new eclipse (V4.10), and two things confuse me, and I wonder it this is normal behavior:

1) When I first loaded the preset 901: TF 1 :2 Multitap, I got a very loud squeeking noise, like you would expect from a short delay

line with too much feedback. Changing presets and going back did not help. I then played with some other presents, and when I 

later loaded the preset, it was fine. Is this normal behavior? (could be some sounds stuck in a delay line from a previous preset, and the 

eclipse tripping when loading the new one???) Is there a trick to ’empty’ the buffers?

2) the parameter ‘delay’ of the pitchshifter of the manifold-alpha does not have any effect – the delay seems to be zero always. In contrast

the same parameters for the manifold_beta works as expected. Is this a known bug? Of course, I could be doing something wrong, so if there is

a preset where this parameter is nonzero and its effect can be heard, that would be great to know!

Thanks

dedovstas
      Participant

Hi! If it helps, I experience the same trouble with the 901 on my very new unit v4.10. Nice to know that it is not my hardware but a common issue.
      I didn’t check second point, but I’m sure it will be the same BUGZZZ

dedovstas
      Participant

I tried to ferify the 2nd issue and must say, for me the preset manifold-alpha seems to be OK. You have to tweak the LOOP parameter to control repeats.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.