Eclipse not Properly Bypassing with Digital Connection

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse not Properly Bypassing with Digital Connection

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi,

I have by Eclipse (running 4.01) connected to by audio interface using Optical ADAT.   The Eclipse is properly configured.   When I choose Mute All in the Bypass menu, the unit is still passing a dry signal.   Regardless of which Bypass setting I select, it’s as if it only engages the DSP Bypass function that passes dry audio.  I attempted to set up FXA & FXB to respond to the bypass but still have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?   Is it a bug in the soflware?   Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

JB

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It would appear that the Eclipse does not mute on bypass with a digital output. There is presumably a reason for this, but it is not obvious.

But, good news ! There is an alternative.

The {MSTR OUT} gain control will mute all digital outputs and can be MIDI controlled, so if you use this instead of BYPASS it should meet your needs.

nickrose wrote:

It would appear that the Eclipse does not mute on bypass with a digital output. There is presumably a reason for this, but it is not obvious.

But, good news ! There is an alternative.

The {MSTR OUT} gain control will mute all digital outputs and can be MIDI controlled, so if you use this instead of BYPASS it should meet your needs.

FYI—there is nothing in the documentation about the Eclipse not being able to mute on Bypass with a digital out.    In fact, the manual suggests just the opposite.   I hope you guys will flag this for a fix in your next software update.   If there’s a reason it will not mute on bypass with a digital out, I’d be curious to know what it is.  

Thanks for the tip on the MSTR OUT.   I’ll have to try that.   Can you assign an ext. setting to control the mute on the MSTR OUT?    I’d really prefer to be able to achieve the mute with the Bypass so that there’s visual reference on the unit itself.    I hope you guys will fix this.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      JordanBerliant wrote:

Can you assign an ext. setting to control the mute on the MSTR OUT?

You can. Let us know how you get on.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.