Eclipse Pitch shift not clean

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Pitch shift not clean

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      maddiedaddy

Hoping I can get this cleaned up.   

I have an Eclipse v4 harmonizer that I used to replace my DSP4000B.  I really only use it for the pitch shifting.  I can't get the pitch shift on the eclipse to be as 'artifact free' and 'smooth' as the 4000.   I was using the mono shift on the 4000 and am using the stereo shift on the eclipse (only using one channel).  I don't see any 'mono shift' on the eclipse.  I have all the same settings (low note/delay/etc), but they all seem to introduce artifacts when pitching down 1-150 cents (all I use it for).     If I screw around with the low note settings I can make it 'better or worse', but no settings eliminates the artifacts.   I thought this would be an upgrade….but right now I'm really frusturated with the unit.   Anyone have any ideas on how to clean up the shift?  I only need a single channel clean pitch shift, which the DSP4000b did much better it seems.   Please help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you are getting a good signal level – you should have most of the LEDs lit on loud inputs.

maddiedaddy

Yes, levels are clean and loud.  If I go back and forth between the 4000 and the elipse, the levels are identical, but the eclipse has more artifacts.  It's not pops and cracks type of artifacts, but pitch artifacts (I'm using it for voice). .   Should the eclipse be just as clean as the DSP?  or is the ultra hamonizer dsp 4000b a better pitch unit?    Really boggling.

thanks for the replies and help

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We believe the Eclipse to be better … what LEDs are lit on the meters ?

maddiedaddy

Pretty much all the green ones.   I have the input gain cranked up to 10 and most of the green led's are lit up.  I had emailed an audio to you (I assume) with the prob that I'm referring to.

Thank you for your help.  I'd like to keep this guy.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try more level –  on your loudest parts, all the green and some yellow should be lit.

maddiedaddy

Yeah, I have it really loud (much louder than needed in the 4000) and I'm still hearing the pitch artifiacts.  Did you hear the audio files sent?   Is this a known thing?  I'm just trying to figure out the way to make the pitch shift as smooth as the 4000, and cranking the gain doesn't seem to be cleaning it up.  

help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – no obvious solution at present. To whom did you send the files ?

maddiedaddy

Where can I send them?  it's real obvious when you hear it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Send them to support@eventide.com, marked for my attention. Please also describe the preset number and any changes to settings used to produce them.

maddiedaddy

I sent them your way.  Let me know if you didn't get, or what the issue sounds like.

thanks

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.