Eclipse power-up V4.01

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse power-up V4.01

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jjcmorris

Just bought an Eclipse. Every time I power up I get the following sequence: 
      Loading Operating System…

Internal RAM is new clear and format it?

Yes  –   No

(If I select Yes it boots up and finishes on the screen..)

100 Mute-Series

If I select NO it finishes up but nothing works (display is dim and all buttons beep when pushed).

I didn't see anything about this in the User Manual and doesn't seem like something that should happen on every power-up.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are correct – it should not do this. Sorry for the trouble.

It is almost certainly caused by a problem with the internal battery. If you are technical, you could open the unit (power off) and make sure that the battery is properly installed and has nothing caught between its contacts.

Or if otherwise, or if you understandably think that you should not have to do this, contact your dealer or support@eventide.com.

dimbulb
      Participant

I am having the same problem with a Ebay purchased Eclipse…  happened with the original 3.0 OS as well as after I upgraded to 4.01.

Is this a user replaceable item, is it a part available at typical places that sell batteries?

I am comfortable opening the thing up and checking connections and replacing a battery,  any other precautions other than making sure the power cable is unplugged?

Thanks,

-jas

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A capable user can change it himself – with the top off it is pretty self-evident.  As you mention, the power cable must be unplugged first.

You will need a CR2330 or BR2330 battery, available from Amazon or eBay, as well as local suppliers. You will have to re-initialize the unit after changing the battery.

dimbulb
      Participant

The battery change was easy to do and fixed my problem. 

The hardest part was driving around town finding the Cr2330…  not even Radio Shack stocked it.  Finally located it at a dedicated battery store (Battery's Plus or something of that nature).

Thanks for the help…  glad to have my settings 'stick' now!

-jas

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Just to throw another option out there, Digikey seems to always have large stock on hand.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=P187-ND

DK p/n P187-ND

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.