Eclipse Preset Numbers

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Preset Numbers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DBurris

According to the manual:

• Memories 0 – 99 are internal user memories.
      • Memories 100 – 199 are presets indicating the different algorithms.
      • Memories 200 – 499 more complex  programs based on the algorithms.
      • Memories 500 – 999 user memories on external flash card.

However, I notice that the 4.01 firmware includes presets in the 800 – 960 range that are stored in the internal memory.

What memory numbers now represent the memories stored on the external flash card?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As you will have guessed, we ran out of numbers. Too many presets. Sorry.

500-999 still work as flash card numbers. But, for obvious reasons, we would recommend that you use the numbers closer to 500,

DBurris

Thanks for the prompt reply!

For clarification purposes, are these preset numbers how off limits or can I still use them? If I do use them, can the unit distinguish between external and internal by other means.

Currently I'm using a 128M flash card, which is seemingly way overkill for the amount of presets I can use. Is there any way a future point release can expand the number of external slots available or is this feature so embedded in the design that it would be a large effort?

I'm using this unit for live performances so it would be useful to be able to move presets in and out of internal memory as needed for individual shows. Obviously I can still do this, but with current limitation of presets and no segmentation/partitioning of the external flash, it seems somwhat limiting and a limitation of otherwise huge flash cards that I've outgrown for photgraphy work.

On another note, is there any way for me to override the "factory preset" designation on some of the presets that are essentially built upon the same algorithms while continuing to protect the ones I feel are more useful.

Do you have recommended procedures that have worked for other customers for shuffling presets between an external computer and/or external flash card(s) and the internal memory?

The work that has been put into the starting presets is impressive, but I believe many of them need some tweaking for my use.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

DBurris:

are these preset numbers how off limits or can I still use them?

You can still use them, but may confuse yourself – I would suggest that you don't. It is possible that MIDI program loading may go astray if you have two presets with the same number.

DBurris:

Is there any way a future point release can expand the number of external slots available

Obviously anything is possible, but it is unlikely, as the current number seems enough for most people.

DBurris:

is there any way for me to override the "factory preset" designation on some of the presets

No. These are set in stone so as to protect them from changes.

DBurris:

Do you have recommended procedures that have worked for other customers for shuffling presets

Using CF cards is probably the easiest.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.