Eclipse presets stored onto memory card?

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse presets stored onto memory card?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      dsmbennett

Hi

I am having trouble in making a back-up of all the user defined presets i have programmed into my Eclipse so I have an easy way to restore all my user defined presets in an emergency.

I read through the manual (and messed about with my Eclipse) but cant seem to find a clear way to make this back-up?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Dave

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I would think that the best way would be to use the Bulk Copy utility (UM p.52) to copy them to a CF card. You could then save them to a computer for extra protection.

dsmbennett

Hi Nick,

Yes i did try this, but i can't seem to select the card as the destination. It always seems to copy my presets into the internal memory?

I am probably missing something very simple here, but admit I cant figure it out :o)

Dave

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You may well be more familiar with this than I – if so I apologize. But, did you set the DEST_FRM parameter to 500 or above ?

dsmbennett

Hmmmm …. as it was a while ago I believe I did. Will this just copy presets onto the internal memory??

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

500 or above should give you the card.

dsmbennett

Ah… didn't know that :o(

Said i was missing something simple! It didn't point this out in the manual for the Eclipse but will try it on my next gig in that case.

Many thanks again Nick :o)

Dave

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

See UM p.28 for information on Programs and numbers.

I tried it (rather than just relying on the UM) and it works fine. Phew !

dsmbennett

Ah, yes it is on page 28 as you say :o)  (Told you i was missing something simple..doh!)

Many thanks for the help, and I will take my memory card to next gig and make the back up.

Thanks again,

Dave

wynsmth

Wow, that's really well hidden!! OK, no how do you reinstall all your saved programs for a memory card. I can't find anything anywhere in the manual that even remotely comes close to answering this.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

wynsmth:

how do you reinstall all your saved programs for a memory card

Not quite sure what you mean. If you are trying to copy saved programs from a card back to the Eclipse, you would use the Bulk Copy utility described above.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.