Eclipse problem

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jan Geerts

Hi, 

just got my secondhand Eclipse, but I’m not sure it is working properly.  I have problems selecting programs, via the Eclipse itself and midi.

Here’s a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGQzYx8g2A

So, following the tutorial, I can access program 101 by entering it numerically, but with the dial I can only get to nr 17, no further.  Also, when I do load a program, it still says nr 17 Desert.  Am I doing something wrong, or the machine?

thanks 

Jan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Obviously, a used machine may have any number of things wrong with it.

I would suggest you follow the instructions under "Fixing Strange Behavior, Freezes, Etc." in the UM.

Also, consider updating the software to the latest version if it is otherwise. Be sure to re-initialize (clear setup) afterwards.

Jan Geerts

The Reset did the trick, thanks.

I do wonder how to set it up with two combos though.  So, I go from the main outs with jack cables to the input of the combos.  If I keep the levels at unity in the Eclipse, it is a huge boost.  Wasn’t there a 6db attenuation on the jack outputs?

Also, I set the wet/dry ratio to 50/50, but then I can’t use the distortions or the ambient sounds that would need to eliminate the dry signal.  How is it best set up with 2 combo’s (Tweed Deluxe and Bassman)?

thanks

Jan

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Eclipse should normally present a unity gain. If you turn up the input gain to get a good meter indication, you will need to turn down the output gain correspondingly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.