Eclipse reacting inconsistently to midi cc’s

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse reacting inconsistently to midi cc’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Machina

Hi there,

I’m facing an issue that appears to be happening more frequently (although I may be just noticing it more) where parameters are jumping all over the place in response to incoming cc’d. For example I try to automate a level parameter by sending cc msgs every 2 beats with values increasing from 0-64 over 16 bars and this works somewhat but randomly in that period I see the level spiking way above what the cc value that is sent it and then going back down – it does this often and sometimes it’s borderline dangerous… Channels that are expected to be no louder than -30db have spikes that hit 0db which is obviously very bad…

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Machina

Edit: I’m not entirely sure but i think this might happen more after the unit has been on for an extended period

tmoravan
      Participant
      Machina wrote:
      Hi there, I’m facing an issue that appears to be happening more frequently (although I may be just noticing it more) where parameters are jumping all over the place in response to incoming cc’d. For example I try to automate a level parameter by sending cc msgs every 2 beats with values increasing from 0-64 over 16 bars and this works somewhat but randomly in that period I see the level spiking way above what the cc value that is sent it and then going back down – it does this often and sometimes it’s borderline dangerous… Channels that are expected to be no louder than -30db have spikes that hit 0db which is obviously very bad… Anyone know what could be causing this?

First thing to do is to monitor the MIDI stream entering the Eclipse to verify the sending device is not the issue.

Machina

Have done that. Stream looks fine and have also tried sending from another device – same problem. Have also slowed down tempo to see if too many msgs were arriving too quickly and the same issue still happens

Machina

I have monitored the stream and also changed the sequencer sending the stream just to make sure it isn’t that… Same problem still occurs. Also I tried slowing the tempo to check if it was a case of too many msgs arriving quickly – again this had no effect (well it had a bad effect in that when it screwed up it took longer to correct itself due to there being space between the msgs)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.