Eclipse responding to other MIDI channels when not in OMNI mode; kicking me out of MIDI Map Mode

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse responding to other MIDI channels when not in OMNI mode; kicking me out of MIDI Map Mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ccl117
      Participant

Using Eclipse in my guitar rig setup, pedal looper on MIDI channel 1, Eclipse on MIDI channel 2.  I have created a MIDI map set to control Eclipse presets via program changes on my MIDI floor controller.  When I hit the save button of my MIDI foot controller (sending message to lopper using MIDI channel 1) to save simple pedal on/off settings with my looper, a "using bank 0" message appears on the screen of my Eclipse, and it kicks me out of map mode making my program changes after that point useless.  To correct, I have to manually go back into the Eclipse menu system, and reactivate "Map Mode 1".  This fixes the issue, until I try and save another pedal combination on my looper, and the error repeats itself.

I can confirm that I am not in omni MIDI mode, and that my MIDI floor controller is not sending any messages on the Eclipse's MIDI channel (2 in this case)

How can I correct this?  Thank you

ccl117
      Participant

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/4992.aspx

Update:  Could this be the same issue as the previously started link above?  To simplify, maybe we could start by understanding what scenarios would cause the Eventide Eclipse to display a "USING BANK 0" message on its display?  If you could let me know that it might help me in further trouble-shooting, thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you send the Eclipse a CC #0 and data less than 10, it will view this as a bank change request and will display the selected bank. It would appear that you are sending it a CC#0 with value 0 and it is thus selecting bank 0.

If alternatively you send it with data greater than 100, it will use this to select a MIDImap.

See page 30 in the UM for more information.

ccl117
      Participant

Thank you for the response and help Nick.  It makes sense conceptually, I just literally can't find anywhere in my MIDI chain where a CC#0 message is being sent.  It's a fairly straight forward setup, only a looper, PCM70, and Eclipse are being controlled by MIDI, and I double checked my floor controller to confirm that it isn't sending any CC#0 signals out (it has PC editing software that allows me to view any and all commands).  I'll contact the MIDI floor controller manufacturer to see if they can shed any insight on the issue now that I know what message the Eclipse thinks it is receiving, perhaps it is something that isn't part of the programable commands.  It only happens when I press the "quick save" button on my floor controller, which isn't a "editable" button (just saves pedal looper combinations for the appropriate song bank.), so perhaps it is sending some CC#0 command that I don't have an optic on.

Separately, is it normal for the Eclipse to respond to MIDI CC#0 messages even if they aren't sent on its set MIDI channel?  If not, is there a way I can turn off the "unwanted OMNI" receive mode for this functionality?  Trying to plan ahead for contingencies, thanks again for your assistance, cheers.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Eclipse should only respond to things on its own channel if not in omni mode. If you are convinced that this is not the case we can look at it, but I don't expect this to be so.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.