Eclipse + Roland FC-300

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse + Roland FC-300

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Juan_Maria
      Participant
      Hello everybody.

Perhaps this topic has already been covered. I have been looking and I have not been able to find much to clarify my situation.

I have an Eventide Eclipse and a Roland FC-300 connected via its MIDI interface, but I can’t get Eventide to respond to the Roland.

Sometimes it gives me the message “Program not found” and other times it does absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know how to do it, or if there is a file with Eventide’s MIDI mapping for Roland?

Thank you for reading.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      Juan_María wrote:
      Sometimes it gives me the message “Program not found” and other times it does absolutely nothing.

Be aware that the Eclipse is organized into three MAPS.

Map 1 – Program change numbers 1-100 select factory programs 100-199

Map2 – Program change numbers 1-100 select user programs 0-99

Map3 – Program change numbers 1-100 select card programs 500- 599

At power-up, Eclipse will default to the current Midi Map selected. And you can send preset changes like normal. Perhaps you are in an incorrect MAP for the presets you are trying to access.

Juan_María wrote:
      Does anyone know how to do it, or if there is a file with Eventide’s MIDI mapping for Roland?

There’s nothing that specific for Roland that I’m aware of, but you just need to make sure you’re sending the correct string of messages to the Eclipse.

Aside from using the MAPS outlined above, MIDI bank select messages allow random access to all presets in your Eclipse, unlike MIDI maps which limit the selection to 128 choices. Eclipse receives bank select messages on MIDI continuous controller (CC) #0. The bank number is the high digit of the program number. For example, to load preset #451, send a MIDI bank select message (continuous controller #0) with a value of 4, followed by a MIDI program change message with a value of 51. To load preset 13, send a MIDI bank select message (continuous controller #0) with a value of 0, followed by a MIDI program change message with a value of 13.

After receiving a MIDI bank select message, Eclipse will “remember” this bank until it receives another Bank Select message and will NOT use the selected MIDI Map.

To re-enable one of the three MIDI Maps, either send bank select #101, #102, or #103 to enable Midi Map 1, 2, or 3, respectively, or alternatively (re)enter SETUP page 3 MAPS, which will return the unit to MIDI Map mode using the previously selected map.

Analyze what cc# or program changes the FC300 is sending on your button press. Using the bank method will probably be the easiest for you, where you send the CC#0 and a value, and then a program change # for the preset.

Juan_Maria
      Participant

Thanks for your quick response.
      I think I will have to study MIDI language, although if I find it too complicated I will look at the possibility of using switch pedals with expression pedals using the jacks connections.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.