Eclipse setups

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse setups

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jrichoux
      Participant

I am seriously considering getting an Eclipse 4 to use as a live guitar rig, controlled by a midi pedal board. I expect most of the programs I use will expect only a guitar at input 1. But, what if I want to change on the fly to incorporate a mic at input 2, as in a vocoder program? Does this require a change in the global setup? Can this be done via some sort of program change command, or can this only be done by front panel button pushes? Is there some easier approach?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Vocoder programs will usually have input selection controls. But, note that Eclipse does not have a mike amp.

jrichoux
      Participant

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply and helpful info. Does your comment imply that the 7600/8000 have mic amp functions available? I know those units have greater programability, and before I take the plunge, I would like to make sure of one thing: Is there anything the Eclipse does in the way of audio processing that the higher end units don't? I know it sounds like a stupid question. 

John

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – the 7600 and 8000's don't have a mike amp either. They do have 30dB of front-end gain which will help, but do not have a mike amp per se.

The Eclipse is a different unit from the others, so may have some things they don't, but in general should be viewed as a lesser thing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.