Eclipse…. shortfall :-(

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse…. shortfall :-(

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dsmbennett

Hello,

After using a H3000 for years in my guitar rig, I decided to upgrade to an Eclipse after hearing all the good things about it. There was a lot of talk of it being a duel-block effect unit allowing you to combine 2 or more effects in one patch. Brilliant news as I could replace my H3000 and the 2 Roland Delay units I thought…. it seems not so.

I have mostly used the H3000 for micropitchshift, and then run this into 2 Roland SDE3000 units (left and right) which both add a modulated delay to each channel (modulating in opposite directions).

I have tried everything i can think of and cannot replicate this on the Eclipse at all. Biggest problem seems to be once you have loaded a modulating effect onto FX-A you cannot add another modulating effect onto FX-B it seems?

If anyone knows how to achieve this on the Eclipse, or which single Eventide unit can do this then i would be glad to hear from you. Otherwise I am stuck with the rather large (and heavy) set up that I have been using for years (and have to admit the micropitchshift on the H3000 seems to sound better on the guitar than the one in the Eclipse anyway).

Thanks,

Dave

dsmbennett

Update… I think I have found the solution!

I think the problem was due to me using the dealys that were added from the Timefactor upgrade after uploading software version 4.01 (which are very very good modulating delays by the way)

The Timefactor presets are quite large and do use a lot of memory, so I think this is why I had trouble linking one of these presets to another preset. I overcame this problem by using the Vintage Digital Delay preset from the original Eclipse presets, which then allowed me more than enough space to link another preset to produce the dual-effect desired. I tried a few combinations and all seems perfect now, so one very happy Eclipse user here….. many thanks,

Dave

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.