Eclipse – sound only out of one channel

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse – sound only out of one channel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sorbz62
      Participant

I bought an Eclipse on eBay (cannot afford a new one) and no matter how I connect it, I am only getting sound out of one channel.  I plugged my guitar directly into it, raised the input gain, set it to mono 1 and it only outputs out of 1 channel.   Is that normal or have I bought a dud?

Jim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It will really depend on the preset and the routing settings. Study the manuals in great depth. Also, learn how to use the meters to show the signal levels at different places.

Try plugging your guitar into the other channel and see if you get some life from the other output. A hardware fault obviously could kill one output, but this is uncommon – unfamiliarity with sophisticated equipment is more likely.

Sorbz62
      Participant

Thanks Nick,

I understand about the routings and have read the manual front to back many times. 

If I connect the eclipse in series with my preamp, with a stereo signal in, then out into a stereo power amp – with the wet/dry mix on 50% I get a good signal in one side and practically nothing in the other. I have used unbalanced 1/4" cables but it appears that there is no signal  – or hardly any at all out of the ch1 1/4" out of the Eclipse.  This is with stereo in and out with the levels parameters. I have not tried any XLR cables yet.

Jim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Have you re-initialized the unit ? After this, try the above test with a "Through" preset.

Sorbz62
      Participant

Thanks again Nick,

Yes, I reinitialized the unit – a few times in fact.

When I wire it in series, with 1/4" cables, and in the Through preset, there is sound only out of one channel. All cables are tested and good.

When you talk about presets, there should be a stereo sound when I am in St Chorus, for example,  no? There isn't.

Is there anything else I can do to fault find? 

I am at a loss now.

Thanks,

Jim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you have reinitialized it and when feeding a stereo signal through the "Through" preset you only get a mono output, you may indeed have a hardware fault (make sure it's not bad cables or other annoyances).

You should perhaps contact your vendor, as he may be aware of such a fault.

If you want to contact Eventide for an out of warranty repair, try support@eventide.com.

Sorbz62
      Participant

In fact it is not a mono signal per se but stereo ONLY on one side (Channel 2). There is no output from Channel 1.

Jim

Sorbz62
      Participant

What if I was to reinstall the firmware/ OS? (I'm grasping at straws here!)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You could try it – unlikely to help, but…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.