Eclipse V4.0 Full Release available

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse V4.0 Full Release available

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Eclipse V4.0B Beta period has sucessfully concluded and the full release is now available on the Web Site, in the Eclipse Support section. We thank our Beta testers for their efforts.

There are a number of improvements over the Beta version, including fixes to issues raised by our Beta testers.

See the updated Release Notes for further details.

IMPORTANT – anyone updating from a version earlier than the Beta Release must read the Release Notes and backup all User Presets before upgrading.

Either a PC with a serial link OR a Mac/PC with Compact Flash card reader are required. Note that the card must be FAT rather than FAT32 format – this format can only be applied by a PC.

simeon
      Participant

thanks nick!

we seem to have the same problem with the pdf files as before – they all download as ashx documents with a file size of zero bytes. changing the extension to pdf doesn't work either

sim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I see no problem – I can download them with Firefox and IE on XP and Safari on OSX 10.5.

Is it possible that you are just trying to download the ashx from a link or some other direct approach, or not using an up to date browser ?

You can only access these documents by using a recent model browser in the normal way and accessing the appropriate Web Site support page. Once it is loaded by the browser you can save it and do as you think fit.

simeon
      Participant

hmmm…dunno why Firefox wouldn't do it, but Safari was fine

also – just did the updae, everything went fine and i cleared setup at the end, but my presets weren't erased (i had them backed up anyway) – this was a surprise…i thought they would have been…

sim

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The presets are only affected when you go from (say) 3.51 to 4.0. They will be unaffected when going from 4.0B to 4.0.

We had to increase the size of the power-down backup area to hold the larger TF and MF algorithms, and this caused the start of the User Files area to change to make room, meaning that pre-4.0 files can't be found. This is why going back to 3.51 will often make old user presets re-appear, unless they have been corrupted by the new software (depending on what was done before downgrading).

Anyhow, glad things are looking up !!

Thank you for the new OS!

I have installed the v4.0 some days ago and until now I had zero problem…

I would ask some new capabilities for the next release: It would be possible to add a parallel dry signal on each FX block? I'm using the Wet/Dry ratio at 100% and sometimes I need the dry signal parallel to the wet…until now I use the Thru_Series block, but in this way I cannot use a second FX block. If I set the FX mix at 50%, when I bypass the effects I have a big difference in volume…so I would prefer to have a parallel dry signal for each block at the same level of the input.

Thank you very much,

Max

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Glad you liked it !!!

There is now a parallel dry signal for the whole unit (see p.22 of the new manual).

Adding an extra dry feed for each effect would be a fiddle, so is unlikely.

carl
      Participant

Well done!  

So this is out of sheer curiosity, not a "holy ***, why isn't this out yet!" kinda thing (I haven't even had time to install the 4.0 final or the new stompbox betas)… but at some point down the road, are the new TF and MF presets going to get folded into the Eclipse?

Carl

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

V4.0 was finalized before the new TF and MF presets were ready (they are still only in beta). But, it is quite likely that we will update these presets in future releases.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.