Eclipse Version 4.0.9

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse Version 4.0.9

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      musikproduzent
      Participant

I’m an owner of a new Eclipse that show Version 4.0.9 during startup. What are the technical differences to 4.0.1? For example my CF-Card (16MB SanDisk SDCFB) shows preset numbers beyond 1000. Is there a issue in the SW? Is it possible to adress presets above 999? The manual says CF-Cards >2GB make problems. Perhaps the newer Version 4.0.9 allows bigger CF-Cards.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There are no significant differences between 4.0x versions – the numbering changes are to identify builds to cover various manufacturing situations.

3.0 to 4.0 is a big change, 3.0 to 3.5 is a significant change, 3.0 to 3.1 is a small change. 4.0.1 to 4.0.9 is an insignificant change.

I won't be able to get the information on the CF cards until the New Year, so will answer them then if someone else has not.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Apologies for delay in replying.

1) Not sure how you see presets beyond 1000 – this should not be possible unless you hand edited the card. Any idea what got you to this point ?

2) It should not be possible to access presets beyond 999. We feel that 100 user presets and an extra 300 on a card is plenty.

3) V4.0 allows the use of cards beyond 2G. There will still be an (unspecified) upper limit, so try and use small cards when possible.

dedovstas
      Participant

Hi! If it still matters for someone, I also can access preset numbers over 1000. But i never tried to save there something. Version number 4.10. and an older unit with the v4.01. The cards were initially not readable, but I discovered a brutal method to formate them. You insert a card into the slot, but w/o contacting the pins. Then you press „format“ and push the card into the slot immidiately. It worked with three different cards sofar. But you have to be quick.

dedovstas
      Participant

Udate to my previous post. I tried to save a preset in a slot above Nr. 1000. I didn’t work.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.