Eclipse vs. GTR 4000: the presets

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse vs. GTR 4000: the presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Oneirokritikos
      Participant

Hello all,

I'd like to know if the Eclipse contains the presets for guitar found in the GTR, or something close. I don't know which one to buy for guitar yet. I consider quality presets a must to start building my own.

Thanks !

M.

IDeangelis

Hello

welcome to the Eventide forums!

There are few common structures in the GTR4000 and Eclipse, but this one is a much younger and powerful processor that has many advantages over the GTR, being a much developed unit from the early 4000 days.

all the best

I

Oneirokritikos
      Participant

Hi Italo, (and thanks!)

Does it mean the Eclipse was designed as a guitar processor as much as the GTR?

I have a H3000 D/SX that I intend to keep no matter what, so what will I miss if I also get an Eclipse but not a GTR?

IDeangelis

The concept of a gtr processor is very limited. Things get good when you can use your FX device anywhere, from an instrument to a studio and on….

That happened with your 3000..and it's still the same with other Eventides.

The Eclipse does more gtr things than the 4000.

😉

I

Oneirokritikos
      Participant

Ok, thank you for your input; I'm definitely gonna get an Eclipse,and they're much easier to find than a GTR 4000 too !! 🙂

IDeangelis

Also consider these great advantages of Eclipse:

-unlimited number of presets storage on cheap Compact Flash cards vs. hard to find and very expensive PCMCIA cards.

-tap tempo for ALL delay/verb/modulation rates in ALL presets, via TT key, MIDI CCs and MIDI Clock

-24 bit converters and up to 96KHz sampling rate

Cake

I

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.