Emote behavior

Home Forums Products Rackmount Emote behavior

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

A few wonky things going on here with Emote and I’m wondering how much might be setup or pilot error.

1. Emote tends to crash Studio One as a VST plugin. This is the single worst issue I’m having because it makes opening a session difficult when this happens.
      2. I believe this is tied in, but Emote at times has issues connecting, especially when my h9000 has been sitting idle for days. I launch the stand alone, it comes up then crashes and disappears. The only resolution is to reboot the H9000. I’m thinking when the VST doesn’t connect, its causing a crash as well but I cant confirm that’s the issue.

Windows 10, hardwired Ethernet. Anything I can try to get a little more stability? This isn’t a show stopper, but I’m honestly scared to use the VST because I dont want to have the session not open. I had to revert to a backup (before I placed the VST in the song) and lost work last time. do I need to “wake up” the H9000 by pressing a button on the controls before bringing up emote? Think this would help?

John Baylies
      Participant

Hi Joey,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing these issues. I'll run some tests and get back to you as soon as I can.

In the meantime, shutting the H9000 down when you're done for the day and turning it on before you begin working could help.

Could you use the standalone instead of the VST, and automate Emote's Functions with a MIDI track in Studio One?

We will be adding VST3 support in the near future, which I'm hopeful could resolve your issues.

John Baylies
      Participant

Are you using Studio One 4, or 5?

John Baylies
      Participant

I have not been able to reproduce this yet, sorry.

One small thing that may help: make sure the Wi-Fi Access Point is turned off if you're not using it.

joeydego
      Participant
      John Baylies wrote:

Are you using Studio One 4, or 5?

In on 5 most recent and most recent emote

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.