Emote connection time out on Mac Mojave

Home Forums Products Rackmount Emote connection time out on Mac Mojave

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Decurion99
      Participant

Hi

I have an H9000 and the emote. Updated the software to latest and downloaded newest software as of 13 October.

The H9000 is connected to my wirless network. I flushed my DNS cache and restarted the mac and the H9000 as per the instructions in the error message.

The emote sees the H9000 directly on startup and tries to autoconnect, but I get the error message of a connection timeout and that I should restart and flush my DNS. I did that and error keeps on being there.

What can I do?

Running Mojave, H9000 and emote on latest. H9000 connected via WIFI dongle.

Thank for quick help as I cannot use the H9000 without the software!

Best

Pablo

gkellum
      Participant

If you click on the plus button on the bottom left hand side of the screen, Emote opens a dialog where you can manually enter the IP address of the H9000.  You can find your H9000's IP address by clicking the SETUP button on the H9000 and going to Network Settings.  Could you try connecting that way to see if that works?

Decurion99
      Participant

Thanks so much for the tip. Will try in two hours when back at home and report back. If this solves the issue, will it be a permanent fix and do you know what may have caused this in the first place? Hadnt used tje H9000 for a few weeks due to a rearrangement of my studio, but installed Mojave in the meantime.

Anyhow, I will revert back asap.

Would suggest to include this solution in the error message.

Best
      Pablo

Decurion99
      Participant

Hi I just came home hopeful that this would resolve it. Unfortunately, still does not work. I looked up the IP address of my H9000 in my networlk on the setup page under network by looking at the WIFI network it is connected to. Then I added the device with a plus and typed in the exact same IP.

Still getting the error. Screenshot attached.

Thanks so much for help – hope we find a solution!

gkellum
      Participant

You mentioned that you are on the latest version of macOS – Mojave – and that you had updated the H9000 and Emote.  Were you on Mojave before when everything is working correctly?  Or did you just upgrade to that as well?  If so, maybe, the problem is due to changes in Mojave that we need to look into.  

Decurion99
      Participant

Many thanks for coming back – I was on high sierra before. As mentioned, I hadnt used the H9000 for a few weeks due to a studio reconfiguation, but in the meantime updated the OS of my Macbook Pro. So This is the only key change that happened in between, so might have to do with this …? In the meantime I am getting used to using the display … 

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, thank you for that information.  We'll do some testing on Mojave on Monday.

gkellum
      Participant

Ok, we tested connecting Emote to an H9000 on a Mac running Mojave with the latest version of Emote posted on our website (v1.0.0.38) and the latest H9000 software (v1.0.0.41).  Everything was working fine.  So, I don't think the problem you've been experiencing has anything to do with Mojave.

Would you mind double checking that you are running those same version numbers as well?  On the H9000 the SETUP page will tell you which version number you have installed, and in Emote hovering your mouse over the Eventide icon in the bottom bar will show you which version you have installed.

But assuming you have the same versions installed as I, it would be nice to verify that the IP address you are seeing in your H9000 is a valid IP address.  Could you open up the Terminal app (under /Applications/Utiltiies) and ping the IP address of your H9000?  In one of the screenshots above you showed the IP address as 192.168.0.37.  So, you'd type: ping 192.168.0.37

If it's reachable, you should see something like this:

PING 192.168.0.37 (192.168.0.37): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.0.37: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.711 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.37: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.779 ms

You can press CTRL-C to stop the pinging.

Or alternatively, if it's not really inconvenient, could you try connecting your H9000 with ethernet instead of WiFi?  

gkellum
      Participant

Also, I wanted to ask what sort of router are you connecting your H9000 (and computer) to?

Another thing that would be worth trying would be removing the WiFi dongle, reinserting it and the going into SETUP to reconnect it.  In your case I would be surprised if that helps, but it certainly won't hurt anything.

Decurion99
      Participant

Thanks so much, will go through all the points and revert!

Decurion99
      Participant

Hi Eventide team

Sorry for coming back so late, I was busy at work and didnt have time to check.

So I pinged the system and it seems the IP is invalid … screenshot attached!

What can I do?

Best

P.

Decurion99
      Participant

I tried the other thing you suggested! I took out the wifi dongle, restarted my router, inserted it again an re-connected! Now it works again!!!!! Thanks so much!!! 

jbamberg
        Eventide Staff
        Decurion99 wrote:

I tried the other thing you suggested! I took out the wifi dongle, restarted my router, inserted it again an re-connected! Now it works again!!!!! Thanks so much!!! 

It's good to hear it's working now.  Please let us know if the problem happens again.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.