Emote crash

Home Forums Products Rackmount Emote crash

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      vpajerski
      Participant

I got a crash report when Emote went down. Running standalone on Mac Intel hardware, latest OS.  Hope this helps.

Any word when an update is coming?

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for sharing your crashlog. Can you provide any more information about what may have caused the crash? Is this something you can reproduce?

We’re working on an update but I can’t provide a timeline at this point.

vpajerski
      Participant

Sure, I’m simply auditioning some algorithms on a previously recorded track.  Nothing off the beaten path here, its just swapping one algo in the FX chain.  After a couple of algorithm switches, emote (and the H90000) become sluggish and or unresponsive.  After that happens, emote will crash upon exiting the app.  FWIW, I see the same sluggish behavior when using the front panel too.  I’m beginning to think emote is not the problem.

This is now the 10th restart I had to do today.  Any hot fixes to help with issues like this would be much appreciated.  My box is one step up from being a brick.

vpajerski
      Participant

A little more info… When I load up a couple algorithms and switch over to the parameters page, it still shows the previous algorithms’s page of controls.  Sounds like something bad is happening on load.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry to hear of these issues, we’ll look into the crashlog to see if it points to anything. Are there any specific algorithms you are using that make these issues start to happen, or does it seem to happen regardless of what algorithms are being loaded.

We should troubleshoot this further via our support system. Please follow the instructions to perform the USB-self test and send the results to support@eventide.comhttps://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/2.0/content/appendix/startup_seq.html#usb-self-test-mode

vpajerski
      Participant

No, it’s definitely not algorithm specific.  Why would a USB self test help here?  I see extremely sluggish behavior from the front panel as well.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

This test helps diagnose potential issues and is essential for me to troubleshoot your issue. Please contact support@eventide.com with the self-test results and I can help you there.

vpajerski
      Participant

Well, I booted with the files on the thumb drive and while holding down check and “X” key and now I see a blank screen???

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

The test will take a few minutes to fully run, the screen will be blank for a bit at the beginning but you will see prompt on the screen indicating that the test is being performed. Please make sure you are using the included USB drive to perform the test since the drive needs to be formatted properly.

vpajerski
      Participant

Never mind, I tried another dumb drive and its ok.  Email sent…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.